[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Legend of Korra
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Legend of Korra

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: The Legend of Korra

Postby Alexx » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:08 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby ThePaul » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:47 am

Watched it. I guess I'll have to stick with it, too, cause this new series is quite enjoyable. Still a bit more angst than I enjoy in a show, being already out of the teenage years and never really having been all that angsty. But it is still manageable, and they're already foreshadowing the Big Baddie for at least book one, so I'm sure it'll start getting legit.

Also, loving the prohibition era vibe they're trowing down for the capitol. /no1

Edit: Oh, and Bear, don't let these rabid fan people let you put this off. You can totally enjoy this show without having watched the original. So if you don't have the free time and won't have it for quite a while, just pick this up now and treat the original like a prequel when you do have time for it. There is some things that might spoil "surprises" in Avatar, but nothing you probably wouldn't have seen coming or haven't already been exposed to already. /peace
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alexx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:09 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Kerreth » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Two episodes were released. That means the ship wars are past due.

Also, for the lulz:

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Alrighty, now the season is in full swing. Episode 3 aired today. Shame if you missed it, I mean, it's not like Nickelodeon is putting or anything. Though they are region locked, commercial supported, and I imagine they'll be like Hulu and only keep a few up at a time. The season is available on iTunes and Zune for $30, but the episodes aren't made available on the same day; Microsoft told me it generally takes 1-3 days after airing.

Anyway, we finally have our antagonist and holy crap, he has actual motivation. Like, you wouldn't actually feel bad siding with him. A great villain tends to make a great show, so I am totally excited.

Also, the Makorra shippers are probably going to have a field day with this episode.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby chrisb » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 pm

I checked it out this morning. The villain is actually really interesting. The animation isn't as good as Avatar's, but when it shines it REALLY shines.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Kerreth » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:50 am

Well, the animation to me is way better than the original series. The only place that seems off is the fight against the chi-blockers. I think they were trying to hard with the 3D environment and it made things look weird.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:36 am

LOVING EVERY MINUTE. The main baddie is pretty friggin' cool so far (hard to mess that up when the voice actor is Steve Blum). I love how he's using the technique for removing bending...that is gona be a friggin' interesting thing to explain. At first when he was talking about how his life was ruined by bending I was like: "It's the cabbage salesman's son!" Joking, of course. As my wife and I were theorizing though, I wonder if he is somehow tied to Ozai or Azula. One way or another, Ozai has to be involved, since I don't think anyone else saw Aang do his thing. My wife wondered if perhaps Azula had a kid at one point....but man, I don't envy whoever would have had to get down with Miss Looney Toons.

Anyway: VERY interesting stuff! I'm highly enjoying it.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby TracerBullet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 am

Oh god you can never escape Steve Blum's voice. No matter what cartoon you watch or video game you play, he is always there in the background, ready to spring with a voice loosely derived from his Spike Spiegel days.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Alexx » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 am

Funny thing is that Blum does have quite a range; it's just that his standard voice is so awesome and popular that it seems that's all te folks want! Granted, I ain't complainin'. That dude rocks.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things