[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Graphic Novels, Comics, and Books
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Graphic Novels, Comics, and Books

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Graphic Novels, Comics, and Books

Postby ThePaul » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Just thought I jump in and say how much I like some comics I've been reading (digitally). Just started picking up a bunch of new ones a couple months ago, because The New 52 has made it pretty easy to just jump right into DC comics (although it appears a lot of Batman history hasn't actually been completely erased, but I was well aware of most of the resent stuff anyway).

First off, I picked up Locke and Key about two years ago, and I freaking love it. I've been wondering what a dark tale of children finding a magical world in their new house story would be like (if it wasn't just some B-horror movie that ends with a overused B-horror movie ending), and this delivers.

More recently, I started reading Chew, which is just good clean cannibalistic fun. This one makes me laugh quite a bit, but it also manages to make me intrigued about a world inhabited by all sort of pretty much insane food related powers.

Also reading a bunch of DC's new 52. Pretty much all the Bat Family comics (all of them if you don't considered Red Robin led Teen Titans as a Bat Comic). But, the Bat comics that keep me coming back for more each week (and aren't just, hells yeah, Batman), are Batman and Robin, Batwing, and Red Hood and The Outlaws (although this resent Commander Starfire storyline isn't really my style). Also, Animal Man, Aquaman (yes, I said Aquaman), Justice League Dark (if only for Constantine), Resurrection Man, and Suicide Squad.

One more thing, Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation is an insane idea, and probably a sin against the Sci-Fi gods, but so help me, I'm actually enjoying it. Especially the story in the 3rd issue where Captain Kirk and Company meet The 4th Doctor (cause there's like, an actual fight scene there).
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Re: Graphic Novels, Comics, and Books

Postby Kerreth » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:46 am

My reading list is so short, it fits into a single picture. (Clicky biggy)

Hello crossover media. Anyway...

Mass Effect novels: Revelation was pretty good, and I wasn't too fond of Retribution, but oh my god, Ascension was amazing and I loved it and drool.

Neverwhere: Required reading. If you're lazy, you could watch the BBC miniseries. They made it first actually, and then wrote it into a book.

Coraline: Again, if you're lazy, you could just watch the movie (which is awesome).

Wolf's Rain: The only manga series I ever read to completion (because 2 books, fuck yeah!). I never finished watching the anime, and I know it's suuuuuuper different.

Dragon Age: The Calling: Other than being simply unable to imagine a younger Duncan in my head, I loved it.

Avatar: The Promise: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES HURRY UP PART 3 YES YES YES YES YES.

The Guild: Yeah, I'm a fan.

inFAMOUS: If you liked the game, you'll like this.

Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories: "I'm Johnny Snow." Loved that chapter. :P
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Previous

Return to Other Shiny Things