[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Graphic Novels, Comics, and Books
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Graphic Novels, Comics, and Books

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Graphic Novels, Comics, and Books

Postby Pie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:06 pm

hahaha, I highly recommend these books. T-T -not to twist your arm or anything. XD /heh
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Farore » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Ahhh! My arm!!! I'm going to have to wait until the 1st at least, and hopefully if I get this job I can definitely get them. Please be gentle to my arm until then. /lv
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:37 pm

So I guess Pie doesn't need to borrow my vice and bone saw anymore? Although I guess you'd use those for something more than arm twisting...
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:40 pm

You better be careful, I think we all know what when Pie starts to twist arms.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:46 pm

My arm is very scared for its life right now.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Yeah it's the OVA we have and I thought we had watched it...in English no less...hmm. In any case, I've seen a lil of the tv series and didn't much like the three "Yomiko replacements" as it was her powers split between 3 people with not as much personality (maybe unless you combined them much like their powers =P ).

In any case I'm all for watching the OVA again =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Yeah, that's a real shame Roll. Like I said, a lot of people discredited the TV series but it really is great. Perhaps it should be watched prior to the OVA so there isn't a strong attachment to Yomiko, though that will soften some of the impact of the series since they are intertwined. It's best to watch the OVA and take an open mind with no expectations of the TV series; you would probably be pleasantly surprised.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah, there's definitely spoilers to the OVA in the series. The main characters get a little better latter on, but not by a whole lot. The story gets a lot better, or at least more interesting.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alexx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:05 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Precisely!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things