[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Favorite Anime Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Favorite Anime Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: The Favorite Anime Thread

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:54 am

lol. I was in kindergarten when I first saw Sailor Moon.
I definitely remember thinking those girls were hot, though!!! /rice

ahem... Anyway, nice to see the show back. /swt2

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:09 am

Mars was my favorite...>.>

But yeah, it was that and Dragonball Z, that was it anime-wise lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 am

Never watched any Dragonball, unfortunately...

It was only the anime that had toys and games to go with 'em for me. Besides Sailor Moon, there was Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh.

I watch a lot more now fortunately. Still have a lot left to see. In fact, a friend of mine was getting on my case last night for not having watched either Gurren Lagann or Panty and Stocking.

/...

Crap... Don't you guys nag me too! /sob

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Well Pokemon and such came after, originally it was just SM and DBZ though I watched Pokemon when it came out too.

But yes...you NEED to see Gurren Lagann! This is also a great opportunity for...Bear and Pie need to see the 2nd Gurren Lagann movie!!! RAWR!
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 am

I have been watching a fair bit of Pokemon lately and why oh why does Team Rocket have to sing their song in every episode. A man can only take so much

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Bear » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:56 am

I was into Mars as well. Just something about girls with long dark hair hit me in just the right spot.

At the point in my life when I was watching Sailor Moon, anime was intensely interesting. They did stuff with animation that I thought Western animation simply wouldn't do; not just simple stuff for kids and slapstick. Tackling serious and violent subjects as if animation was on par with full feature-length motion pictures or serious TV dramas was amazing to me. I remember the first time watching Fist of the North Star, X the Movie and Macross Plus and being absolutely blown away. It really sparked my infatuation with anime as a genre and at that time anything that could fill the void was consumed. I admit, I probably would get bored with Sailor Moon now because it gets awfully repetitive in format, but I would at least be interested in how they deal with this in a new series.

It is interesting seeing this now since Pie and I are cleaning up the house in order for the move, and we're throwing out a lot of old posters, books and stuff from sub-par anime that we wouldn't even bother with now. Pie and I both admit that it was a phase where it was "grab anything anime related for the sake of being anime". Clearing out the house to keep only what you really treasure is a good way to look back at your past and see how your tastes have evolved, and also to find stuff that holds up well through the test of time.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby chrisb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Pfft what is wrong with you people? The amazingly hot and elegant lesbian pair Uranus and Neptune are the best of the bunch.
@TehWilbur: You REALLY need to watch Panty and Stocking. It's sexy, has an amazing electronic soundtrack, and features the best transformation scenes I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw48o19fySc

I've managed to find some free time lately (yay) so I've been watching as much anime as I can before things get hectic during finals. I started watching Utena again. I really can't recommend the series enough. It is the only anime that can make me honestly care for angsty teenagers. I think if more anime with angsty teens had awesome fights with swords under an upside castle with rock opera blaring I could appreciate them a bit more. I can hardly keep up with all the symbolism though.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Soeroah » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Why has no one watched Steins;Gate since I said to watch it it's awesome and complicated and my favourite probably it's got time travel and that makes it awesome and it's based on a visual novel so it's planned out from the start
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 am

Interesting.... I never actually found Sailor Moon to be all that hot. I mean, I was never a leg's man when I was a boy, and that's about 85% of a Sailor Scout's Bodies. And the rest doesn't really do anything for me either.

But then again, "hot womens" never really was something I was willing to let be the only reason I watch a show. Not when I have access to the Internet, even in those early stages /no1
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 am

Also, I will look into this Steins;Gate, as soon as I'm in an anime watching mood. Right now, it is mostly bad comic books and MMO's.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things