[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Favorite Anime Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Favorite Anime Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: The Favorite Anime Thread

Postby The Lich Tree » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:33 am

Hunter X Hunter on netflix reaches from the beginning of the 2011 anime to near the start of the chimera ant arc, i recommend watching it on netflix and finishing the chimera ant arc online as well as chairman election arc. Also Hunter x Hunter doesn't really have seasons it's broken up into fluid arcs that transition from one to another. So netflix does a pretty poor job in trying to label it season wise but it's all they can do. The creator takes breaks due to family issues and living life in general, right now he's working on the dark continent arc of the manga. People also joke that every time a dragon quest game comes out he also goes on hiatus due to him stating in an interview how much he loves those games and how much time they soak up for him. I seriously recommend you and bear sitting down and watching it, you'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll greatly come to appreciate one of the best animes ever... Even though it is unfinished it does leave off at a satisfying point so it doesn't feel like it cuts the story off halfway through so no worries there.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Pie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Thank you Kainrogers, I'll be sure to check it out on Netflix then! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Ok, so Dragon Maid is definitely flawed so far because of the pedophilia jokes with Shouta and Lucoa, but otherwise it is so cute. Kanna is such a little sweetie pie and I love that she treats Kobayashi like her mother.

Also, I finally checked out Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, and man is that ever good sci-fi material!!!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm finally back on my anime BS, I think. I'm watching Slayers on Hulu and having a lot of fun. I'm surprised it looks as old school as it does, considering it was released a few years past early 90s stuff like Sailor Moon. It really adds to the charm, though! /no1

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Yak_Forger » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:59 am

I discovered only recently (a shame, I know) Mahoutsukai no Yome, and although I had trouble picking it up at first, I ended up really enjoying the hell out of it, and do listen a lot to the OST while working.
Apart from that, my recent favourites were Made in Abyss and The Pilot's Love Song.

But this season, I've picked up Yagate Kimi ni Naru/Bloom into You and it's absolutely beautiful, of course sweet yuri always holds some beauty in it, but the animation and drawings are just breathtaking, you could just watch the opening as a separate piece of art.
Yak_Forger
Novice LV 4/4
Novice  LV 4/4

Previous

Return to Other Shiny Things