[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles

Postby RollCasket » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:03 pm

If you've not yet heard, the rumor that director Michael Bay would be doing a TMNT movie is true...and apparently he said they won't be mutants, they'll be aliens.

My initial thoughts to the rumor were that of confusion as TMNT doesn't have a lot of explosions and thus I'm not sure why MB would be interested in making a movie otherwise. Though maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing...Transformers was a popular kids show with a crazy amount of toys...so now TMNT for the same reason?

I watched the cartoons pretty religiously and along with my brother had amassed a large assortment of toys for it as well. Of course when I heard a movie was going to come out I was practically running up the walls and we saw it day one. Though there was a good bit of parental shock when Raphael said "Damn" (yelled it rather loudly in fact). Then of course the 2nd movie, which was still pretty good, and the 3rd movie which was...well...for a kid at the time it was ok. More recently they did that animated TMNT movie which I thought was pretty good too actually.

So now how do I feel about this upcoming one? I'm not sure really, I guess cautiously optimistic would be the best descriptor. Unless there is some super crazy bad reviews for it I'll prolly end up going to see it in theaters.

Hopefully I'm not the only one old enough to have grown up with them =X
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles

Postby th3squirr3l » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 pm

I remember the old movie. That one was great :D

But... Michael Bay?

Aliens...? What the...
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:11 pm

This seems like a proper time for some !
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Hmmm... I trust MB to make good dumb action movie, as long as whoever or whatever was responsible for the "comic" relief in the second Transformers film. I mean, I'd rather see something other than a big dumb action film, but I guess I'll have to wait till the next TMNT movie.

Ah who am I minding, the next few will be MB too, and they'll all make more money than the last. We just have to how that he pulls a Spider-Man 3 if we want something else.

Also, aliens.... Lol Wut?
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm

No, I mean the part where it was so bad that they ignored the success of the first two and rebooted the series.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:11 am

It's funny that there was a thread about this already on here - I had planned on posting it myself. I even wrote a joke about it in the picstravaganza that is this weeks blog post.

But yes, I have a huge fondness for the first film. I enjoyed the second film, but the first one left a huge impression on me and was one I watched over and over again on VHS. So anyways, my favorite teacher of all time, Mr. Woods, was this awesome charismatic and enthusiastic teacher and he had organized for a class full of kids with good grades (or something) to go see the first film in theaters. WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE. To go to a freaking theater as a kid on a SCHOOL TRIP DURING SCHOOL HOURS and see one AMAZING FREAKING MOVIE. I will never ever forget how awesome that was lol

Anyways, sure, any concept can go well with the right execution, but...man...the alien route is a tough pill to swallow. On the surface it just sounds like MB's reasoning of creating a richer universe is some marketing BS just to milk a beloved franchise. Who knows though? Let's hope for the best and brace for the worst. Either way it should be fun to talk about lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:43 am

That's really awesome Bear! Without going TOO much on a tangent that reminds me of a History teacher I had whose idea of a historical film was things like "The Making of Bugs Bunny" and such, lol.

Anyway...I think my main problem/confusion about the alien thing is just...why?!?!?!

I mean think about it, as much as I love TMNT it doesn't really have a rich backstory with tons of material to work with. It basically has a very short origin story, and some characters that tie it together. I mean, you can make the movie about...well just about anything really, and as long as all characters are present as they should be it's a completely passable TMNT movie. So basically, WHY CHANGE ANYTHING AT ALL?! It just doesn't make any sense o.O
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:57 am

Apparently, it's not "the turtles are aliens," it's "the ooze that creates the turtles is of alien origin."

http://io9.com/5896013/teenage-mutant-n ... ontroversy
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:00 am

Oh, I guess then my joke is wrong. Teenage Mutant Ninja Aliens sounds like a better joke though plus its more fun to say. Oh well. I will never stop making myself look stupid, so why bother trying to start now by correcting it? lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things