[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - 2012 Anime
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

2012 Anime

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: 2012 Anime

Postby Soeroah » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:25 am

Accel World: Loving it.

Acchi Kocchi: Cute. Loved it.

Sword Art Online: Very interesting premise, a friend keeps calling it ".Hack done right". I think I'll quite like it.

I watched Steins;Gate recently and it's one of my favourite animes ever, but it's a few years old, sadly, so I can't gush about it =P
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby TracerBullet » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:28 am

Some interesting annie-may popping up compared to this recent terrible/boring summer season. Outside of Binbougami-ga! and Joshiraku there weren't many worth watching. So for fall there are many I am hyped up [spoiler](and prepared for disappointment)[/spoiler] about:

K--Don't know much outside of a couple trailers, but the story is reportedly the result of a collaboration between Nasu (Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, others) and Narita (Baccano!, Durarara!!) so I'm expecting big things. The most recent trailer featured a bunch of church guys with swords and some dude using what appears to be magical skateboard-fu.

Btoom!--Imagine if you were dropped into a real-life version of Bomberman on a deserted island where you're forced to blow up other players and take their crystals to win. That's this series in a nutshell.

Robotics;Notes--From the team that brought you Steins;Gate (and Chaos;Head too I guess), except instead of building a time machine this is about a group of kids trying to build their own GIANT ROBOT.

Girls und Panzer--Imagine a world where learning how to drive and fire a real tank is somehow as important as flower arranging and tea ceremony for Japanese girls. I expect this will be the terrible kind of funny but who knows.

Zetsuen no Tempest--A guy and a witch hunt down his family's killers. Hopefully this will be good.

Also there's continuations of Bakuman, Jormungand and Hayate the Combat Butler.

Sure there's a bunch of creepy or uninteresting shows also slated but there's a lot of (hopefully) good ones above so you won't have to waste your time on them!
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby TracerBullet » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 am

I think you guys would enjoy Ixion Saga DT a lot, if you can find it. It's about a young guy who somehow gets teleported into the world of his MMORPG, and hilarity ensues.

Also Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Chuunibiyou were surprisingly good.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby chrisb » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:13 am

The New World (Shinsekai Yori) - Wow. Now that was beautifully eerie and disturbing. The intro sure did get your attention with its violence. It's like a version of Lain and Ghost Hound with adorable characters. The art is amazing and the music is great. The ritual at the beginning of the episode was very unsettling. The part that really creeped me out was when the main character said her new school reminded her of a weird farm she visited. The flashback that shows right after the scene doesn't reveal much, but it does get you thinking of some twisted possibilities. Can't wait to see what the big mystery is.

My Little Monster - Reminds me of old school shoujo with a likable/strong female lead and a surprisingly likable horrible/violent douche of a male character. The art was charming and the feel of the show is pretty heartwarming. Not sure why I like it, but I do.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Soeroah » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Sword Art Online: Hnnnngh!

Accel World OVA: Hehe.

Waiting on a bit of a stockpile before watching new season stuff, until then I have Fate/Zero.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Previous

Return to Other Shiny Things