[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Toys
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Toys

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Toys

Postby Alexx » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:00 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Alexx » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:09 am

Dunno if there are any interested parties here, but I'm so impressed with these that I'm spreading it around: Nickelodeon is bringing back with a new toon and everything, but that also means new

'Course Playmates (the company that makes TMNT) has always been a little odd in thier choices of articulation, but the turtles themselves are THE best they've ever been! There are versions as well, though I'm less impressed with them because of the large size and going a little overboard with the articulation.

Anyway, I've been reviewing the new ones in the 'ol blog:

I'm not planning on collecting the whole line, but I really want to emphasize how spectacular the new style turtles are above even the badguys or anyone else in the line so far. They are the perfect balance of playability and display quality. Fun for collectors and kids alike! If you've got any interest in TMNT toys, then these are the four turtles to get!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:31 pm

I think I mentioned this to Farore at some point (I think when we watched the original TMNT movie) but I loved the Turtles as a kid and had most of the original figures. Sadly don't have any anymore, but me and my brother loved us some TMNT =P Those new ones look pretty good, but that previous Raph figure you have there is scary lol.

I remember seeing the movie in theaters and all the parents in the audience gasping at Raph saying "damn" lol...
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Oh man Alexx, twas great, great things you did there. Especially the Mikey review with the custom chain you made and for that ending. I can't even talk about it. I dare not. It should be required reading though =D

I also wanted to share these stories about the Japanese Woody figures as the galleries that Kotaku have are full of WIN, especially the second batch. Make sure to click on the 'Expand' button at the bottom right of the pictures to see the pics in gallery mode; may you never see him in the same light again.

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Alexx » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Thank you, and MAN I want that figure! I've seen many of those pics and more and they all speak to me as a guy who has been makin' action figure jokes for at least a couple years now. These are genius! I haven't gotten around to it, but I WILL GET THAT FIGURE. Maybe him and Michelangelo can do a team-up!
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:25 pm

So long as you keep him away from my Dizzy statue. Man those pics are hilarious.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 am

Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Pie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks Alex for your awesome toy reviews! =D They are always fun and very entertaining to read through. XD You've reminded me why toys are cool and kinda make me want to start collecting them again. =) I think one of the biggest reasons why I kinda got out of it was because a lot of what I would have liked toys of (such as video game characters), just didn't exist except in non-pose-able "for viewing only" form and/or were fragile, making them really no fun to handle or even "play" with. '_' It's exciting seeing toys being re-engineered like those classic He-man and the new TMNT ones! XD I'd love to get that Mega Man X 1 amour one you had pictures of! XD Cool stuff!~

By the way, a lot of those Krang pictures seem to be having problems loading on your site. >.<
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Alexx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh wow that Samus...for a figma that's pretty damn amazing /lv

That one and every Megaman X series figure is top of the wishlist, lol
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things