Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Toys

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Toys

Postby Alexx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Pie wrote:Yay for your toy posts! XD They always make me smile and/or laugh. lol My brother used to have the Terminator toy too! =D It was one of our favorites!

I always thought Ultron looked kinda cool for the longest time and now I think I know why. XD hahaha I never actually knew anything about the character either except that he's an enemy to the Avengers.

I remember seeing those egg transformer things in Natural Wonders when I was small and really wanting them. They were one of those things I'd put on my Christmas lists, but never got. >.< Sometimes I wonder about that; like... they probably didn't cost THAT much? right? =x

Cool post Alex.

and now-

MEGMAN TOY!

Thank you kindly! Yeah, that's a unique look for Ultron. I'm convinced it was just for the toy - I had been searching for pics of the comic in which he took that form, but I just can't find it.

As for the egg guys, I guess they're a japanese toy that was brought over at some point. The original molds for them are used for cheaper toys 'n such now, so you gotta be able to find one SOMEWHERE....just dunno where.

And YES: that Mega Man rocks! I have 'em now and I plan on doing a focus on him at some point (along with X, armored X, Zero, Zero MKII, and Vile). Very cool figure!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
User avatar
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:12 am
Location: The big 'ol Mitten

Re: Toys

Postby Alexx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:45 pm

On the subject of D-Arts Mega Man figures: There are pics of the recently announced Ultimate Armor X!

He looks fantastic so far and I'm looking forward to him! The only representation I have of him is an old model figure, and he falls apart at the drop of a hat, so I'll be happy to get one that is play worthy (or at least pose worthy).
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
User avatar
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:12 am
Location: The big 'ol Mitten

Re: Toys

Postby RollCasket » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Alexx wrote:On the subject of D-Arts Mega Man figures: There are pics of the recently announced Ultimate Armor X!

He looks fantastic so far and I'm looking forward to him! The only representation I have of him is an old model figure, and he falls apart at the drop of a hat, so I'll be happy to get one that is play worthy (or at least pose worthy).


OMG that's awesome @_@ Of course with unlimited Nova Strike usage your other figures are in danger of getting destroyed =X I still want it anyway, my other figures will understand...
ImageIcon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
User avatar
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Toys

Postby Alexx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm

RollCasket wrote:
Alexx wrote:On the subject of D-Arts Mega Man figures: There are pics of the recently announced Ultimate Armor X!

He looks fantastic so far and I'm looking forward to him! The only representation I have of him is an old model figure, and he falls apart at the drop of a hat, so I'll be happy to get one that is play worthy (or at least pose worthy).


OMG that's awesome @_@ Of course with unlimited Nova Strike usage your other figures are in danger of getting destroyed =X I still want it anyway, my other figures will understand...

Nah, X is a cool dude. Vile now...he's already bullying all my toys and pushing them over. Then kicking them while they're down. A lot. He also broke some things. I think he sits on my nightstand and makes fun of me all night too...
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
User avatar
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:12 am
Location: The big 'ol Mitten

Re: Toys

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat May 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Recently got this from a Kickstarter drive I contributed to a while ago. It's so adorable and, yes, that is a small headset she's wearing. It's Gamer Luna! /lv

Image
User avatar
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:43 pm
Location: In a pretty dope Ferrari with Michiru somewhere.

Re: Toys

Postby Alexx » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:07 pm

I don't suppose there are many fans of old toys on here, but what the hey!

Image

Mattel recently came out with a brand new version of Castle Grayskull for their current Masters of the Universe Classics toyline. I've been a big fan of He-Man for as long as I can remember, so I've been WAY into this line. Naturally, I felt the new castle was a must, but I wanted to do a little history lesson before taking pictures of it! So, I've begun with a post on the original, vintage Castle Grayskull. Behold my really, REALLY old toys that mostly have teeth marks from my three year old self.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
User avatar
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:12 am
Location: The big 'ol Mitten

Re: Toys

Postby ThePaul » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:49 am

That was pretty spiffy. Post when the rest show up.
I am not a reasonable man.
User avatar
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Florida

Re: Toys

Postby Pie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:13 am

Thankyou Alex for posting your updates! =D Your stuff always makes me laugh!! You're really good at your toy blog.

I used to have a bunch of He-man toys when I was small. I think I had two normal ones and one battle damage He-man. I also had Battle Cat, reptilian looking vehicle that's hard to explain how it moves, the neck stretch guy and one of the bad guys who's green and shoots water from his mouth (I played with him the most XD). =) I don't remember most of the character names, but I really loved the character designs, they were so interesting. I always thought the idea that He-man seemed like a mix between fantasy, fantasy technology, magic, and.... space(?) was really cool too. XD I honestly don't remember how much of the He-man series was involved with space and planets, but the title is "Masters of the Universe" and I had a big poster of all the He-man characters engaging in battle on a planet in space so I guess it's a big part! XD

I'm looking forward to reading your bit on the new Castle Greyskull! =D I always thought it was weird that the original one was advertised with Skeletor sitting on the throne, but I don't ever recall him even being close to taking over the castle. o_<
Image
User avatar
Pie
High Archer LV 63/45
High Archer  LV 63/45
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm
Location: Cookie Crunch!

Re: Toys

Postby Alexx » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:40 am

ThePaul wrote:That was pretty spiffy. Post when the rest show up.

Thanks! I'll be sure to do just that.

Pie wrote:Thankyou Alex for posting your updates! =D Your stuff always makes me laugh!! You're really good at your toy blog.

I used to have a bunch of He-man toys when I was small. I think I had two normal ones and one battle damage He-man. I also had Battle Cat, reptilian looking vehicle that's hard to explain how it moves, the neck stretch guy and one of the bad guys who's green and shoots water from his mouth (I played with him the most XD). =) I don't remember most of the character names, but I really loved the character designs, they were so interesting. I always thought the idea that He-man seemed like a mix between fantasy, fantasy technology, magic, and.... space(?) was really cool too. XD I honestly don't remember how much of the He-man series was involved with space and planets, but the title is "Masters of the Universe" and I had a big poster of all the He-man characters engaging in battle on a planet in space so I guess it's a big part! XD

I'm looking forward to reading your bit on the new Castle Greyskull! =D I always thought it was weird that the original one was advertised with Skeletor sitting on the throne, but I don't ever recall him even being close to taking over the castle. o_<

Thanks again! As for your He-Man toys: The reptilian vehicle was the Dragon Walker - I knew that one right when you said it was hard to describe how it moved! That was a weird one (never had it myself, but friends did). The neck-stretch-guy was Mekaneck, and the green water shooter was Kobra Khan (both of which have new classics versions).

And yes, Masters of the Universe was very much fantasy and technology! It was the basis for my love of the "strange technological past" kind of storyline. It's never really said, but in the original story (before the cartoon) there was obviously some sort of technological superpower that failed, and sent the world back to the barbarian age. They most likely mastered space travel, but they don't get into that until in the Master of the Universe story until later. It was always implied, though!

As for Skeletor taking over the castle: it almost happened in the VERY first minicomic that came with the toys! It held the original story before they changed it for the cartoon. The Castle was originally a mysterious fortress that was just...there. No one knew why or who built it. All they knew was that the two halves of the power sword could be united and used to open the castle, which Skeletor did in the first minicomic, thought they ended up defeating him. The implication at the end of the story was that He-Man may end up as the future king of the castle, but that was all left up to the reader, I think. Anyone could conquer the castle, basically!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
User avatar
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:12 am
Location: The big 'ol Mitten

Re: Toys

Postby Pie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:56 pm

They spend their whole lives warring over the castle so they can hit that boar head-on-a-stick back and forth. XD That must be some excellent fun to be risking their lives for. lol -and I guess the elevator is a plus too. =D

heheh, thanks for the background info Alex. =)
Image
User avatar
Pie
High Archer LV 63/45
High Archer  LV 63/45
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm
Location: Cookie Crunch!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron