Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Toys

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Toys

Postby Pie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Tehwilburforce wrote:Recently got this from a Kickstarter drive I contributed to a while ago. It's so adorable and, yes, that is a small headset she's wearing. It's Gamer Luna! /lv

oh yes! Wilbur, that looks like a really awesome doll. =D It looks like it's good quality from the picture! Were there any other characters made too?
Pie
High Archer LV 63/45
High Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:25 pm

I love how Pie decides to randomly reply to Wilbur's 7-month old post lol

But yes, your toy blog is always excellent to read Alexx! You get me cracking up pretty damn often XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Librari » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:11 am

I have a childlike fascination with plush toys and stuffed animals. I got Domu-kun for Xmas, right now he's chillin' with my familiar, Genzilla (google 'chibi deformed godzilla plush' and you'll probably find a picture). I also collect Mr. Potato Head varieties, I think I'm up to almost two dozen now.

My current dream is getting a good price on Touhou character plush toys, anyone who knows me well (which isn't any of you, not yet anyway!) can guess which characters I want the most.

Not too wild on action figures or anything, I loved Z-bots when I was a kid but nowadays I just don't find desire to collect those kinds of toys.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Alexx » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 am

Bear wrote:I love how Pie decides to randomly reply to Wilbur's 7-month old post lol

But yes, your toy blog is always excellent to read Alexx! You get me cracking up pretty damn often XD

Thanks again sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar!

Librari wrote:I have a childlike fascination with plush toys and stuffed animals. I got Domu-kun for Xmas, right now he's chillin' with my familiar, Genzilla (google 'chibi deformed godzilla plush' and you'll probably find a picture). I also collect Mr. Potato Head varieties, I think I'm up to almost two dozen now.

My current dream is getting a good price on Touhou character plush toys, anyone who knows me well (which isn't any of you, not yet anyway!) can guess which characters I want the most.

Not too wild on action figures or anything, I loved Z-bots when I was a kid but nowadays I just don't find desire to collect those kinds of toys.

My wife has a bag and a giant tub of plushies that we still haven't unpacked after our move; just no idea where to put them at the moment. I've been getting her these Squishables just 'cause they're cute. Otherwise there's an absolute ton of Pokémon plushies (sometimes the favorites in multiple sizes, like her Turtwigs). I myself have a couple in the form of a Tachikoma from GitS: Stand Alone Complex, and this hilarious plush Zaku II from Gundam with an articulated neck and arms. Someday we'll devise a way to display them all...

And Z-Bots ROCKED. Friggin' love those things - I've still got a pile of the ones I had back in the day. I've actually been thinking of doing a short post on them at some point!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Alexx » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Hey, it's part 2 of my Grayskull review, leading up to the new version they've made in the recent Master of the Universe Classics series. In this part I'll be looking at the 2002 Castle Grayskull from the ill fated He-Man reboot.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Alexx » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:49 pm

So Jakks Pacific is making Nintendo action figures, now!

I bought the big 'ol Bowser and gave 'em a look see. So far people are finding the smaller figures of Mario, Link, and Yoshi in Targets. I've run into them, but I REALLY want the little Link! Mario is pretty much the same size and design as the SH Figuarts one, but with lesser articulation. They're a nice cheaper alternative to the Japanese figures, I must say.

But hey, no one has made a Bowser like this before! One for the record books, I'd say. Big, sturdy, and CHEAP! Check 'em out.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Alexx » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:09 am

FIRE! Tamashii is selling these flame effect parts for just about any figure, and they're AWESOME! Check it out, if you got the time.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Pie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Wow Alex! That's a really cool toy (addition)!! XD What a great idea to make fire effects toys!! =D Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I really love how you do your lighting effects for your pictures. XD Thank you also for sharing your black light experiments. =) It's interesting.~
Pie
High Archer LV 63/45
High Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Pie wrote:Wow Alex! That's a really cool toy (addition)!! XD What a great idea to make fire effects toys!! =D Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I really love how you do your lighting effects for your pictures. XD Thank you also for sharing your black light experiments. =) It's interesting.~

Thanks, Pie! It IS a great idea! They also do these craters that come apart into rocky pieces (for figures to look like they're smashing each other through rocks) but they need some extra stands to really make them work (I only bought one set so far). Soon they'll be doing explosions, too!

And thanks, I had a heck of a time hiding the tiny lights all over the place (and in some cases I failed - I know you can see one of the lights somewhere). I bought these tiny light spheres that are supposed to clip on to things and...heck, I dunno. I found them at Michaels, so they're probably supposed to be for decoration. But MAN do they work well for spot lighting! When they get close enough to the fire, they just light it up and the fire provides a redish light, if all goes as planned.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Pie wrote:oh yes! Wilbur, that looks like a really awesome doll. =D It looks like it's good quality from the picture! Were there any other characters made too?

Well, thank you, Pie! I love having it to decorate my room. /thx

It's alright quality. There are a couple loose stitches, but it's still holding together. It was made in China after all, so I didn't expect much before I got it. As for other characters, I got the plush from a Kickstarter that was only focusing on making plushies of Luna, so idk if they've made anything since then. :?
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things