[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Xela's Travel Log
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Xela's Travel Log

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Xela's Travel Log

Postby Bear » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Sounds fun Xela! I've never once heard of a travel challenge...what exactly is it =o
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby XelaReko » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 am

Oh, it is a little game where you attempt to fulfill premade challenges for points. For instance, some one may make the challenge, "take a picture with a stranger in a red shirt" and make it worth 5 pts. They may also add bonus objective to the challenge to make the challenge worth even more points, such as getting the stranger to make the Vulcan salute (Live long and prosper) which would be worth an additional 3 pts, bringing the total points for this challenge to 8.

The challenges don't always have to include other people or pictures. They can be anything from saying something silly when you get off the plane to hording as many packets of peanuts as possible to finding items with foreign nations' flags on them in a gift shop. The main rule is that you cannot others about the challenges. That makes it too easy and half the fun is getting people to do silly things just by charm alone. And of course, try to be reasonable. Never put a challenge that will get the person arrested or start an international incident.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:52 am

Ok Xela, for 6 points i challenge you to convince someone to do a forward roll in central park. photographic evidence is required!
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby XelaReko » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:43 am

7 Days til trip! I can't wait! Man, this is going to be fun. =D
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby XelaReko » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Packing now! =D
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Luc of True Wind » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Have an amazing time! Tell us all about it /no1
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Farore » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:19 am

Enjoy, and don't feed any cameras to the fishies this time. I'm not sure where you would encounter them in NYC, but if you do don't feed them the camera!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:46 am

Have fun in New York!!! There's a reason some call it the greatest city in the world and I hope you see why. :D

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby XelaReko » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Landed in NYC and heading to hotel then foodz! Long trip was long.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby XelaReko » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 am

Ok. Update time.

Night of the First Day (6:00 PM) And Dawn of the Second
I flew into White Plains (aka Westchester County Airport) which is the smallest airport I have ever been to. There was only one room for baggage claim and the waiting area. I was picked up and went to my girlfriend's house to relax and recuperate from the 9 hours of traveling. The chairs on the plane and airports killed my back, so walking around today may be a hassle, but I am muscle through it! We slept in late and had a nice walk to a local bagel shop. Forgot to take pictures of them before I devoured it, sorry. We are now going to have a picnic in central park then hit up the Met and Grand central station. I will try to get a camera for pictures. I might update you later tonight or tomorrow morning if I forget.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things