[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Mega Man and Sonic archie comic crossover
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Mega Man and Sonic archie comic crossover

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Mega Man and Sonic archie comic crossover

Postby RollCasket » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm

This was announced a bit ago at Comic con, shoulda posted then but forgot...in any case they just did a panel with more info and such and some extra links and such on the post.

Still seems a weird mashup...but hey, more Mega Man is cool with me =P

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/07/15/ ... o-emerges/

First impressions just from , as much as I like Sonic I could care less for the majority of the "side characters" and I already see a few of the Chaotix crew and Silver, so...we'll see how that goes =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Mega Man and Sonic archie comic crossover

Postby Alexx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah I've been seeing little things here and there; I'm interested, but it's so hard to keep track of comics anymore that I didn't want to get myself excited. I loved the old Sonic comics awhile back, and the Mega Man comics are doing great so far (though I only got one and flipped through one or two others; I'm waiting to see if they put 'em all in one book). Maybe if I come across this I'll check it out!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby chrisb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:40 pm

The Sonic comics are pretty decent. Hit or miss for me, but the Mega Man comics are consistently fun. I'm looking forward to this.

For a sec I read the topic title as "Mega Man and Sonic AND Archie..." That would have 'awkward' written all over it.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 am

I also got the strange impression that somehow Archie would be making an appearance XD

I really like the idea of a Robotnik and Dr. Wily pairing, so I am intrigued in this.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah I think I posted this right when I woke up...sleep has been a tough boss to defeat lately =P

But yeah the Wily and Robotnic pairing they were saying should have a large portion of the comedy and I'm also interested to see how they work together. Or at least, I'm most interested to see what they'd create together.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Ah comic book crossovers, they make for the weirdest pairings. Especially when they actually stay true to the source material. Don't know why that makes it crazier than Mad Libing that stuff into a story, but it does.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Return to Other Shiny Things