[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - TV Guide, The Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

TV Guide, The Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: TV Guide, The Thread

Postby Bear » Sat May 25, 2013 2:36 am

I'm guessing Arrow? I've actually never heard of it before.

Yes, Futurama is aMAAAAAZing however I think the Comedy Central episodes are complete garbage. I had to force myself to watch up to episode 3 in their return season, praying that the first two terrible episodes was a fluke, but whatever happened with the writing team ended up making the show un-watchable for me. I couldn't recommend the original Fox run along with all the movies highly enough, however.

If you have Netflix, it came to my attention that Batman Beyond is on there, which is an excellent successor to The Animate Series. I'm also a big fan of King of the Hill; a lot of people are turned off by it's premise, but it really is great humor.

Breaking Bad is also highly recommended, and it makes me want to go check out The Sopranos now since it was another series that had a lot of buzz that I missed while it aired.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Sat May 25, 2013 10:03 am

While I do really like Arrow, there's points in the series that just don't feel written well enough or maybe just wrong. Characters switch motivations really fast and at times, it seems like for no good reason. Also... Deadshot... what the f***? And Deathstroke's mask kinda' annoys me, too, but that's just a comic nerd gripe, and you should worry about it if you want to watch someone shoot people with Arrows.

Other than that, the action is pretty good for a TV show and some of the twists really did catch me off guard. I didn't start really enjoying the show until I think the 4th episode, but the scenes on the Island were really great in the earlier episodes.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby chrisb » Sat May 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Oh, the cartoon image I posted was from Steven Universe. The new show from the Adventure Time crew. It's funny, sexy, and actiony.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Kerreth » Mon May 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Hey now ThePaul, Thea is a teenager and that's just what they do. :P

Joking aside, yeah, it's not a perfect show by any means. Felicity and Thea are somehow both the worst and best characters ever, and they had the fireman episode, and they had Alex Kingston do little but cry for three episodes straight, and HEY GAIZ WINDOWS 8 AND THIS SURFACE TABLET LOOK COOL DON'T THEY AM I RIGHT LOOK AT EVERYONE USING THEM!!!!!

Also, I finished watching this season of Doctor Who and... Hmmm... How do I put this? Well basically, everything after The Bells of St. John and before The Crimson Horror kinda sucked. Which is weird, because Bells of St. John was amazing, and left me really really creeped out at the end. The Crimson Horror brought back Vastra, Jenny, and Strax, and they are awesome, but I hope they don't overuse them, given they got I think 3 episodes this season.

As for the finale, well, I'm just confused. How Clara became "The Impossible Girl" was kinda cool, even though they pretty much didn't touch it in any episode after Bells, except maybe Journey to the Center of the TARDIS, and even then it was just "Tell Clara stuff so she ends up doing something in the finale." Oh, and then they killed a bunch of people and brought them back to life. Stoppit.

And back to Futurama, Bear, if you didn't like the first 3 episodes of the CC run, at least watch The Prisoner of Benda and maybe The Late Philip J. Fry. Those were my favorites of the Volume 5 set.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm

I was thinking more Ollie, Tommy, and Laurel. Some of the reasons they gave for their anger at each other were down right insane, and at points I was surprised they weren't Batman villains.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 pm

My thoughts upon hearing one of my supervisors celebrating the addition of Breaking Bad season 5 to Netflix - "Awesome!"

Reaction to turning on Netflix and seeing only eight episodes - "Huuuwaaaaaaahhhhh!?"

After watching first six episodes - "Nope, still awesome."
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Agents of Shield. It is good.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby ThePaul » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:04 am

Except that first episode. That was the worst thing I've even seen on Television. /grr
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alexx » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:48 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby ThePaul » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:02 am

Nope. It was still worse than Reality TV. Now I know why the BBC never re-airs pilots.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things