[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Life in Aggro Critique
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Life in Aggro Critique

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Re: Life in Aggro Critique

Postby Subaru » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Also when you list similar sites, I noticed you didn't mention Awkward Zombie. (if you did, I must be blind)

Everyone should check it out

I like how she has the short comment at the end of every comic explaining stuff or commenting on stuff. It brings the reader closer to the author, and also allows people to understand jokes if they don't play the game.
Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm

I had never heard of Awkward Zombie until you mentioned it (but I did see one of her comics posted on a gaming site). I checked around and it didn't catch me right away going immediately back, but it was good enough for me to keep reading. Then I got to some real gems and found she hit the mark quite a number of times. I have since bookmarked it and will keep up on her because she has some great stuff (so thanks for the heads up).

Yeah, I like the short comments too and I understand about drawing the reader in more personally (instead of a more formal blog post like what I'm doing now). I thought about that and in the beginning I wanted to save those kinds of comments and stuff for the forums because then it can elicit discussion. Plus I was kind of hoping for people who were fans enough to check out (or even register) on the forums that having the more personalized comments and interactions here would be more of a draw for people to actually use them.

It's a tough call - I want to add more than just short comments because a lot of comics have personal gaming history, insights or perspectives on an industry and culture that I feel very connected too but I also don't want to put a large barrier between us and the readers. I already feel bad enough since Fei is the artist in all this and she very rarely has any free time to play games, post comments and chat - it almost feels like I'm putting up a wall between readers and her in a way. I'm trying hard to shoulder more of the work for her though because I want people to connect with her as well because I kind of feel that people will naturally have an inclination to want to connect directly with the artist/illustrator.

This week Roll will see a couple of her suggestions met though - a mini-arc (2 comics) and a new (possibly recurring) side character. Apparently Fei was already thinking about it when she read your comment Roll (unknown to me) and we discussed it a bit so you can look forward to that starting this Friday. As for the "arc" yeah it's short but doing one comic a week means that even 2 comics is half a month. If/when we do another arc it probably will never be more than 3 comics unless we move up our production schedule.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Woot! Gogo Roll-gestions!

I was going to comment on this and some of the other posts more but I am much tired x.x

On a partially related note, Phoenix Wright is awesome! I love them all...except that Edworth game >.>
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:46 pm

First off...wow was I tired...I meant Edgeworth* not Edworth =P Tired now too...3 days in a row of early shifts...having to get up at 4:30 am should be a crime >.>

Arcs don't already have to be long but I'm sure as you guys do more you'll get more and more used to them. As for the cat, it talked once in that comic, can it only be heard by Bear and/or Fei? I think that alone has the possibility to have some funny moments/jokes to it.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Previous

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares