[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA #37 - Beauty - What a Beast
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA #37 - Beauty - What a Beast

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA #37 - Beauty - What a Beast

Postby Bear » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:32 pm

http://lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110211.png
http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Images/LifeI ... 211-lg.png (high res)

Another WoW inspired comic! Visually I am very happy the way this one came out. Certainly a lot of love went into making this comic as a tribute to our guild and the fun times we have with them. I like all of the little additions here as well such as the music of featured in the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World movie. The SP movie, which after watching it a second and third time on the Blu-Ray that we picked up recently, I have to say is probably one of my all time favorite films. It has so much heart and spirit and so many fun things that make it just amazing. It is an absolute pleasure and definitely worth owning, if not at least watching.

I think this comic more than anything has taught me a strong lesson, especially after getting some attention from the cooking mama comic. Even though we spent a TON of time on this one...and I mean a TON... it doesn't mean that the comic will be appealing. In that aspect I'm worried that this one doesn't come of as very funny to those who were not there and it made me realize that I really need to up my game in terms of the humor of the comic. Fei would always tell me that she believes that a comic is successful not because of the art but more because of the mind behind it.

I didn't quite understand that because I felt really detached from the comic in general. I felt like she was the creative one and I was just adding in my two cents. I know our first comic comes off very much this way but now when I look back at the first one I can't help but feel embarrassed at it. After working on it for so many months now and seeing other funny comic sites, I can see that the humor is the biggest component to making it appealing. Even if the visual appeal for this comic is way up there I have this gut feeling that it will not be remembered or as endearing as other comics that have a stronger joke to them.

So in the end I feel like I just have to work harder at capturing that "laugh out loud" quality so people will genuinely want to check out the site. If I can't get people laughing, I need to refine the humor some more.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA #37 - Beauty - What a Beast

Postby Subaru » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:00 pm

I liked the scene where your ghosts are carrying your bodies away. I think it is really cute and quite funny.

Although I found having the music through the whole comic was a bit distracting.
Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares