Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA #46 - It's Burger Time

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA #46 - It's Burger Time

Postby Bear » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110415.png

Wow, I can't believe I've slacked on posting in the forums this much. Ever since we started doing the bonus stages, it seems like we are traveling at supersonic speed. Each day is so jammed packed that it feels well over a month since we did this comic, but it's only been 2 weeks!!

What did you all think of this one?

Personally I loved this Burger Time comic. I was quite literally in tears when we were discussing it. The biggest issue with it was that it was HUGE. There was no other way around making it this large because I felt that the Professor Layton comics, "Nightmare Cycle", suffered by being split in two.

So this comic is a big milestone for us because it is the first comic we broke format for. All other comics were made in a size and proportion with the specific intention of going to print eventually. The good thing about having a set dimension for the comic size is that it helps us keep print in mind, but more importantly it helps us to cut out the fat of unnecessary frames and dialogue. When space is an issue, you really have to keep it concise, which also helps us maintain a solid schedule.

The thing that sucks about a solid format is that it really limits our freedom. This comic breaks that and sets a new precedence for us. We will not blindly follow format if it makes the joke suffer. That is the lesson to be learned from "The Nightmare Cycle".

Now we are on to something equally hard – keeping the comic crisp.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares