[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA #48 - Gaming the System
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA #48 - Gaming the System

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA #48 - Gaming the System

Postby Bear » Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 pm

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110429.html

Man! This comic really blew up for us! It was featured at and really blew up at . I was pretty amazed because I think the day before it went up on Joystiq, I e-mailed the editor of the feature and asked him to check us out. Well he moves fast apparently because it was like the next day and we were already featured! Hehe.

So yeah! This comic was really fun and exciting for us. To me it felt like the best one we've done so far both visually and how it was written and conveyed. We broke format again to make sure the pacing was done well, which I'm happy we did. I think had I been forced to keep it within the old layout size, the comic would have suffered for it.

Thought? Opinions? Penguins?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA #48 - Gaming the System

Postby RollCasket » Thu May 05, 2011 2:34 am

This is a great example of a comic where I didn't play the game but still very much enjoyed it, the jokes are universal. It seems a decent number of people agree too cause on the joystik post it got a good number of votes, very nice =)
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sat May 07, 2011 3:32 am

Yeah, I'm so happy with this comic. I would even say it and the P4 comic are the ones that made me laugh the most so far. It's really tough to string together such a well put together punch that is universal in nature but also caters to fans of the games. Sometimes I think that the jokes we come up with would only be good to fans of the game; it's hard to make a comic that maybe super funny to fans but then also help convey the humor to the uninitiated.

Also, I think that one of the biggest challenges is trying to etch out "comedy gold" on a weekly (well now, twice weekly) basis. It is incredibly difficult to hit the mark so often. That said though, its moments like this comic and other that get well received that all the hard work and challenge is made into pure gratification!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Soeroah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:27 am

I'm unsure whether this is too late to add to the topic, but I just wanted to pass my praise on regarding this comic. It's actually the first Lifeinaggro comic I saw and is what drew me to the website. I'd just finished playing Ghost Trick and I loved the game, started Googling to see what others thought of it (I'm odd like that) and one comment somewhere provided this comic. I wound up sharing it with all my gamer buddies (along with recommendations to play the game) and went through the backlog to catch up on all the ones I'd missed.

So yeah; I was surprised at how well the characters resemble the ones from the game (in that they look bloody identical) and I loved the take on how poor Sissel's tricks were getting abused a few hours into the game. I also love that, because of its nature, the comic isn't even a spoiler, so I can share it with people who haven't played the game yet.

On the game side, I am cautiously hoping for a sequel, as I am for another game called 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, but both games were really well done. I'm not sure if there will be a sequel after Capcom's...recently decisions, but fingers crossed.

PS: Oh yes, and the t-shirt :p I must secure a form of payment once those are made!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Pie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Of course it's not too late for you to post to this topic! XD Bear and I are always really happy to get feedback like yours on our work. =) I'm very happy you like the Ghost Trick comic and thank you for sharing how you came across it too; It was an interesting story.~

I love Ghost Trick too, but unfortunately I still haven't gotten around to passing it yet. >.< I definitely want to do it in the near future. '_'
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:16 am

Yeah feel free to dig up random posts as it gives me more to reply to, lol.

More discussion is always a good thing /ok

On a more related note I kinda wanna check this game out now also...if I ever get time to >.>
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Soeroah » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:50 am

Bloody DO IT xP

I must learn how to erase it from my memory so I can play again!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Bear » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:49 am

Yeah Roll, you really do need to experience one of Capcom (and incidentally Inafune's) last great works. Inafune worked as the Executive Producer on this game, and with how Capcom has been slipping, I'll be surprised if they manage to make more of this game....who knows.

I'm really happy with how this comic and the shirt design came out, and even to this day Pie and I are always chasing after this in terms of quality since we thought this was one of the best comics we did. We're always comparing new entries to this one... I mean, when we made this comic, we were busting up laughing and we're always trying to re-capture that hilarity in our new stuff.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares