[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Sheep is over!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Sheep is over!

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Sheep is over!

Postby RollCasket » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:20 am

I love this comic and game, and love that it did pretty damn well too, it's one of Atlus' better selling games, so that's awesome. That was super run-on-ish but I've been up since like 3pm yesterday so whatever x.x

In ANY case, I'm not sure if it was totally intended, but Pie seems much like Vincent in that he's trying to help the sheep to the top (in the rest areas at least) then during stages you're pushing them aside, trapping them so they can't get up, and very much not helping them =P Also, I never would've thought to tie Q-Bert into Cathrine but I see what you did there and that's genius.

LOVE IS NOT OVER! D=
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Sheep is over!

Postby Bear » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Yeah, it was totally intended because you have that strange contrast in that the whole game you pretty much encourage and start to care about your fellow sheep, then when it comes down to the stages, that shit be SRS BSNS.

It was pretty much inspired when I was in a pinch and there was this sheep in the way. So I worked the blocks to trap him in a space he simply could not get out of. Then I decided, you know what, I actually need to push this block in - and the sheep became permanently fused with said blocks. Pie and I laughed, but afterward she told me in all seriousness that it was kind of a dick move. I can't say I disagree. Fun stuff.

Also glad to hear you liked it - it wasn't so well received on Joystiq, with one person even saying that this comic was "so bad it gave him cancer". LOL! Putting the comics out there we are starting to see more criticism, which is nice in a way. Even though it stings a bit it helps bring home the idea that not everyone can be pleased and not every comic is going to be a hit. Especially when Pie and I thought that this comic was one of our better ones - oh well. It really is so interesting to me because I can find myself SO FAR OFF thinking this one will hit and thinking the cooking mama one would bomb (but it actually did rather well).

Just gotta keep working away at it in hopes that we get better over time...or something. Either way its a ton of fun. Also, thanks for starting this thread Roll...I really need to get in the habit of doing so for each comic. Trying to keep up with DA, Facebook, Twitter, and everything else is quite daunting - curse this body that requires sleep on a nightly basis!!! XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Soeroah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:00 am

Aww, the art is always great and I actually got the reference in this one :p I'm not sure I'll get Catherine but I'm under the impression that Atlus generally makes good games after playing 3D Dot Game Heroes and Radiant Historia.

Although, Demons Souls was too hard so I traded it in and got 3D Dot Game Heroes, then met a character in the castle who complained about 'this hard demon game' and asked if I wanted to trade with him.

CURSE YOU ATLUUUUUS!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Bear » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Haha! That's so awesome!

Yeah, Atlus generally has some great games, you pretty much can't go wrong with the Shin Megami Tensei (SMT) or Persona games (Persona 4 being a rather exceptional RPG). I wanted to pick up 3D Dot Game Heroes a while back when Amazon had a sale, but sadly I missed the chance....oh well - one of these days haha.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Pie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:13 am

Radiant Historia I have...and haven't really played much more than a short bit of x.x It has the unfortunate problem of being NOT Radiata Stories 2 so it's hard for me to like and get into that game. Radiata had such an AWESOME set of characters (and a lot of them too) and then to not make another game with them seems like a waste to me...

I will throw in my extra "Persona is good" note in there, though I kinda like 3 better than 4 even though there are gameplay improvements in 4...BUT if you play Persona 3 on PSP you get most of those improvements (I can't remember if the FES version had them also). Still, I think Nocturne will always be my favorite game of that sorta universe.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares