[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 68 - Addiction Affliction
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 68 - Addiction Affliction

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 68 - Addiction Affliction

Postby RollCasket » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:19 am

Dragon Nest related comic, but really you can stick any game you might be addicted to in that slot and it fits.

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110909.html

While I have to disagree about it perfecting the Phantasy Star formula, because even if you don't like the PS series as much as me, they're totally making PSO2 and it is MAGICAL. Dragon Nest still has some cool ideas though in any case so I can see how people can get into it. As far as the comic itself, is that the fabled IRC large trout? Maybe, though I'm not sure if their version is totally alive even while being eaten D= It is maybe a lil disturbing that it's smiling while being eaten =X
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: LiA 68 - Addiction Affliction

Postby Bear » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 am

Yeah, it a generic addiction comic, we want to do a proper DN comic in the future though. Pie and I really like this game and thought it was kinda sad you didn't take to it Roll, but we all have different tastes so that should be accepted haha. We atually changed the original script from "perfected" to "perfecting" in hopes of implying that it wasn't perfect but they were getting there...but I guess it doesn't quite read that way =o

PSO2 does look pretty, but I'm not impressed by the graphical fidelity alone - at the end of the day it has to be a good game and that has yet to be seen. I try to be cautious when it comes to excitement about Sega games these days. Also, the character creation looks...perhaps a little TOO open... I remember in Aion people making ridiculous looking character with the freedom that creation engine gave, and it was a little sad. I mean, I like freedom and I'm all for self expression, but seeing someone make a 3-foot tall guy with super short arms and a huge-ass head that make him look like a little T. Rex....it was kinda too much.

As for the large trout, I had totally forgotten about that to be honest haha. I remember it though, but when we made the comic it was more from a bears like fish so use a giant salmon. lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA 68 - Addiction Affliction

Postby RollCasket » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Ah, so Bear and salmon like ?

Well like I said, I'll prolly play it casual-ish just so at some point maybe we can actually party up lol. I just...I think my main problem is I don't feel I have as much control over the character/fight as I do in other similar games. Being cautious about Sega is fine, but I have yet to not enjoy and play an ass-ton out of any Phantasy Star Universe/Portable/Zero that they've come out with so I'm confident they'll do right by PSO2. For some reason I can't find the posts of the gameplay videos and what they were sayin about it but it looked pretty damn good. It's a bit more combo based too now I believe.

For the most part I only play Phantasy Star games with friends so that I don't have to worry about random people/hackers/whatever, so I don't have to worry about the occasional weird looking person that had too much fun in character creation...or just hit "random" for everything =P I DO know though that it'll mean I will have like 10 characters and 10+ hours of gametime will be creating them, or more if I come up with extra ideas =P So. Effing. Excited.

/rice /rice /rice
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares