[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 71 - Pellet Talk
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 71 - Pellet Talk

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 71 - Pellet Talk

Postby Bear » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:14 am

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110921.png

When the first idea came to mind about a Pac-Man comic, the idea I had was that Pac-Man would come home, upset at his daily grind and Ms. Pac-Man would serve him a drink. After loosing himself a bit to the rat race and relaxing, he unexpectedly loses it, tossing his pellets ending with his eventual passing away in a doctors office with the classic Pac-Man death animation.

Somehow, it turned into this, which Pie and I ended up laughing at quite a bit. Even when working on it I would think that this comic is so f'ed up and a bit too out there. It was a pretty dry week for ideas, sadly, and looking at this one now I'm wondering if it is too suggestive...and that we might be falling into a bad pattern of having too many suggestive / mature comics, and I definitely don't want to get into a rut or tried-and-true routine.

I suppose that's how it is as we keep trying to grow and improve - we have to keep trying to find our voice and work at making good stuff. I wonder how it is for other creators like Anthony Clark of among others, who seem to have charming / cool comics on a consistent basis. A lot of times making a script for a comic takes a lot of time and energy for Pie and me, and I would wonder if they have as much trouble as we do or if they are just really talented and generate cool stuff with a lot more relative ease.

Ahh well...hopefully Friday's Persona Overload comic comes out well...which will probably be posted late Friday evening. Damn it I hate posting late in the afternoon or early evening of our scheduled update days...I've always had a big problem with being punctual. >_<
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA 71 - Pellet Talk

Postby RollCasket » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:23 pm

I said it on one of the other threads but I don't have a problem with suggestive stuff and it does help to add some uniqueness to the comics. I think as long as you keep a good balance you should be fine =P

On this one though I think I just got hung up on Pacman saying he's "collecting pellets" which is fine cause you think of the game, but then Mrs. Pacman has someone else's pellets which is the suggestive part, but then you think where is Pacman getting his pellets from? It kinda throws you in a weird loop. I always kinda figured the pellets were food, and of course there's the Mrs. Pacman game, so I think if Pacman had said something like "how'd it go for you?" and then upon inspecting be like "The pellets I get don't have tails..." or something similar to not recognizing them. Then maybe for added shock value he eats it =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: LiA 71 - Pellet Talk

Postby Bear » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 pm

You know, it never even occurred to us where Pac-Man gets HIS pellets. When I read that I quite literally LOL'ed. Well played Roll. hahaha
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares