[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 72 - Rainy Day Rampage
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 72 - Rainy Day Rampage

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 72 - Rainy Day Rampage

Postby RollCasket » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 am

themed comic with a light jab (into fierce punch and immediately linking into super) to Capcom's "Ultimate" MvsC3 and various Street Fighter versions.

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20110923.png

I think my favorite panel is the 3rd cause there is nothing worse than wasting a day in Persona 3/4. Course I save my game CONSTANTLY but every so often you're unable to and you screw up and have to replay like a weeks worth of days, gah! The end panels are pretty good too though as Dojima works on the case, I mean, getting his drink on, all night =P
Last edited by RollCasket on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: LiA 72 - Rainy Day Rampage

Postby Bear » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 am

Thanks for posting this Roll! We had a busy day today and a lot of cool things happened. I'll post a little more on this comic soon~

*edit adds* So this comic was a lot of fun to work on - it was also a TON of work for being as small as it is. Even though there are no speech bubbles, all the text had to be stylized, which took a long time. I think I ended up working a lot harder instead of smarter on this because all of the VS text was done individually instead of as a group. I don't really know why I did that now that I've had rest - I must have been insane because I broke it down into 9 elements and rendered them separately....which was a total time sink and unnecessary. I remember THINKING that there was some reason why I shouldn't do that, but yeah...that was a waste of time.

Also, Robo-Hero was a last minute addition. It was supposed to just be the hero, but I thought it was a totally wasted opportunity since the Hero is already in the game. As I was coloring it, I had an epiphany that we should "robo-ize" him just like Ky-Kisuke as a nod to Guilty Gear. I'm really happy that came to mind because I think it really helped the first joke - like why would a robot fall for a cute cat and spend all day petting him?! Because he's cute - that's why.

We named our Hero Bunny, short for Bunny-dono. What did you guys name him? XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 am

Cool things happening is always cool. I would've linked the comic as usual but I'm at work on my phone so yeah =X

I'll edit it in and prolly a link to the actual game too lol.

Even though I'm excited and totally sold on this game I DO hope they make a new Guilty Gear...as much as I love BlazBlue I miss the GG characters and want to see what's going on in that universe. Almost as much Capcom needs to do a new Darkstalkers already, seriously. /endramble
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 am

I can't even say how OCD I was about getting the perfect days.

4 Days pass
First Day of School
Pop-Quiz
Answer Wrong
Bear: F**K...reset the PS.
Pie: Come on - its just a quiz. I want to see more of the game.
Bear: Rest. The. Play. Station.

Also - ninja edit on post above!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:01 am

Ahaha, some of those quizzes would throw you for a loop too where the teacher rambles about something for a while and at the end of it asks like someones name that was mentioned once near the beginning...or it's long and you think it's one of those freebie "stay awake to listen" ones and suddenly there's a question =P

As far as the speech bubble things, usually for me I start something, notice I can do it better/easier and I'm like "oh well, too late now..." even though it's not too late and I'm just being lazy lol.

Semi-tangent, I was never sold on Robo-Ky till they gave him a distorted version of Ky's song in XX Reload.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares