[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 74 - Battlefield of Life
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 74 - Battlefield of Life

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 74 - Battlefield of Life

Postby Soeroah » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Well, I've never played Dragon's Nest, but I saw the cameo in the last panel and had to make this topic.

Damn youuuuuu!

Also, quite possibly the strangest motivation speech I've read yet o.o Wait...Yeah, probably.

And a link: http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20111001.html
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Re: LiA 74 - Battlefield of Life

Postby RollCasket » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:25 am

I really like the rhyme style comics cause I know it takes a lil extra thought and planning and not many other comics do it. Though I don't think this one was as strong as the other rhyme style ones you guys have done.

Still not bad though, and I think that Mage wish she had just skipped the quest text for this one =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:14 am

Haha, yeah, Pie snuck in the reference at the last minute - even I wasn't expecting it XD

It's funny because in Dragon Nest, the warrior trainer really does have a borderline unhealthy relationship with his rival.

Yeah, I really liked the way this came out. It took 3 hours for me to script to the point where Pie could start drawing, then I went in and spent another ~4 hours cleaning it up, tightening up the cadence and syllable counts. It probably wouldn't normally take so long, but I had to get a script drafted fast in order for her to start so we can work at the same time. Trying to go back and clean up and retaining the same (or similar) meaning that matches already set visuals is rather challenging.

All in all, this was a giant experiment - Pie was playing around with the mental imagery by not lining it and trying to give it a really soft and cartoony-look and I was trying to make the rhyming more complex by have it be almost lyrical in nature. When I would recite it to myself, I was trying to imagine a beat and it being sung - so I guess if one were to read it dryly, it may not "sound" as good as some of the other ones? I'm not sure.

Yeah, this one may not be as funny, but Pie and I still love doing artsy things like this where we get to break course. =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah, definitely a lot of work =X Especially with it kinda bouncing between art and script and whatnot.

I think my favorite rhyme style one is the one. Really good with the lyrics, lot of detail and background changes, and Pie as Roll Casket =D

Also, zomg if there isn't a thread for the BoF strip by the time I'm done eating I'm totally making one! Also, it's shown me "Level Up!" status for like 6 posts or so lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Leveling up in RO was a GRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNND. I programmed the forum ranks to mimic that so we all felt at home in it's grindtastic nature lmao
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares