[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 75 - Of Fairies and Dragons
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 75 - Of Fairies and Dragons

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 75 - Of Fairies and Dragons

Postby Bear » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:52 pm

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20111005.png

In before Roll beats me to the punch. More to come after edit. lol

*edit* F**k me! This comic...THIS COMIC. I blew a fuse with this one because jesus tap dancing christ was it a strain to get this done on time. WHAT THE F*** happened to 2-3 row comics for Wednesday and Friday. Ugggggh. I hate my ambition sometimes.

But no, quite literally, I was going nuts with this one. I ended up getting upset at it because it was taking me so long to color and I *REALLY* wanted to have this damn thing done EARLY Wednesday because we have another relatively large comic planned for Friday and we really needed to finish this on time so as not to have the Friday comic come in super late....
/sigh

Anyways, look forward to a mini-arc continuation of this on Friday. They are meant to stand alone, but they accentuate each other and help make each other funnier (we think, at least). I think I'm starting to get a little faster at color shading, but I still have a long way to go - its another thing I'm unhappy with and I NEED to get faster...because...yeah...shit takes too much time, yo. LOL

Thank god I love doing this~ <3
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA 75 - Of Fairies and Dragons

Postby RollCasket » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

LOL! ::punch whiffs::

I also played the BoF games as they came out like Pie, and for the longest time both BoF2 and BoF3 went back and forth as my favorite in the series for many multiple reasons. Without getting TOO much into it I'll try to summarize with BoF2 having the shaman combos, the most diverse characters of the series, tie ins to BoF1, and a touching "bad" ending (which was better than the "good" ending)...while BoF3 has masters, omfg awesome dragon combinations and the coolest yell sound when he transforms (in both young AND adult versions), and an awesome soundtrack. After my more recent play through of the PSP (euro) version, I think BoF3 has edged out as my favorite for good.

I REALLY should just make a BoF thread in the game section, there's too much to talk about...but at the same time it's hard to describe everything I like about the series the right way...even though I really like the series as a whole, there are different things I like about each game, and a few minor things I don't like as much. I had tried to start a post but somehow I just can't quite explain it well enough...so...yeah...I'll just leave it at that x.x

Getting back on subject of the comic, I freaking loved the little fairy village cause I love those kinds of side mission "build up this mini town" that some RPGs have (Xenoblade has one too oddly enough). It's funny though cause I remember messing with it very little the first time I played the game, then more the second time, and then on the psp doing everything I could with it. In any case, I literally laughed out loud on this strip, glazing over the deaths, baby fairy with blowtorch, and the omg super serious Ryu at the end (with very well done hand btw).

My only MINOR complaint is no Nina, lol. But then which version do you draw? In game sprite version or art version? I always found it weird that there was that weird disconnect between the sprite and the status screen pic and official art...but then they make this even worse by having a sprite that uses the official art in the ending! I actually like both versions, but it doesn't make it any less weird lol. Also, lack of Nina is partially made up by Momo inclusion.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares