[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 77 - Frog in need, Frog indeed.
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 77 - Frog in need, Frog indeed.

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 77 - Frog in need, Frog indeed.

Postby RollCasket » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:45 am

Blaster Master themed comic. This is oddly enough one of those games I'm pretty sure I own but never actually played =X In my defense I think I got it way way later though when I was in my "collect games" phase.

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20111012.png

The frog gives me a "Muramasa monkey" vibe though which is pretty funny, and Bear mourning and also eating fresh frog legs was also good. Torn between either the middle or last panel as my favorite, heh.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: LiA 77 - Frog in need, Frog indeed.

Postby Bear » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:13 am

I never actually OWNED blaster master until just a few years ago. My neighbor had a copy when I was a kid and we used to play that one a lot. It kinda sucked because his parents were really well off and bought him a bunch of games that he only very occasionally played. He was far more interested in surfing than playing games. Oh well lol

I'm happy how this one came out. If it isn't obvious, Pie has been doing shading on the foreground characters recently. Sometimes I'll do highlights, but she is MUCH faster at it than I am. She's been in the mood to do a full picture lately, but she and I have been talking about what we want out of LiA recently, and we really want the comic to be recognized as a really great comic overall. She figured she wanted to start to take the approach that every comic should showcase the best art possible, so we are yet again challenging ourselves to stretch it to the limit.

She and I are both big fans of Tyson Hesse and his work on Boxer Hockey and Diesel, and we want LiA to start moving to having his level of polish and style. We are very determined to keep making LiA as polished and funny as possible, because we are so passionate about what we do. We want to make people laugh and to have a very artistic comic that could stand up against any other great comic, regardless of genre.

We have a long way to go, but I really believe that we can do it- we just need to keep putting in our best effort~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA 77 - Frog in need, Frog indeed.

Postby RollCasket » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:48 am

Yeah growing up me and my brother didn't have a whole lot, but we weren't that bad off either. We were pretty good with saving up for the stuff we wanted at least...and borrowed things from friends/cousins when we could =P Might be why I was a bit loose with money when I started making it, lol.

Boxer Hockey is pretty cool for the most part, artistically it's definitely nice, never saw Diesel though. I still really like the style of LiA though too. The polish will come with time though, just keep up the good work =)
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares