[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 81 - Lady Parts
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 81 - Lady Parts

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 81 - Lady Parts

Postby Bear » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 am

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20111028.html

Hmm, this one. We had this one cooking for a while, originally not thinking it was funny enough. Then we changed some stuff around after sitting on the idea for a while and thought it was comic-worthy. I have a feeling that looking at it now though that even if it came out looking nice it may not be as funny.

Sometimes I hope that even if the comic isn't funny, it is at least entertaining. I'd rather be funny, but even if our flops at least garner a smile, I'd be happy. It seems that when doing joke comics, people are really unforgiving and will even revile ones that are bad, so hopefully we haven't made too many that make people seethe with anger lol. Not to say I think this one is bad, I usually enjoy all the stuff we do, I'm just insecure in how others will see it haha

It was really nice to have Pie make a thoughts post this time around. Looking at how much work shes been doing to keep up with the schedule, shes rarely had enough time or energy to also write up a meaningful post in a while. I'm kind of afraid that she is seeing other artists that she sees as being so much better than her, and its pushing her a bit too much to make every comic shine with shading and highlights.

It's gotten to the point now where I don't even feel right saying I do foreground coloring, because by the time she shades and highlights the color flatting I do, it looks far better than anything I am capable of at the moment. I mean, I MIGHT be able to match it, but she is FAR faster than me, to the point that my time is better off spent making meals for us, doing chores, working on the coding and being social on our behalf.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: LiA 81 - Lady Parts

Postby RollCasket » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:29 am

Ah Sakura, the kid at heart. I actually thought this one was decently funny, maybe not among the funniest ones, but still funny and enjoyable. I'm kinda weird though in that I really love a lot of the small touches, like the baby displaying some early Kyo powers, and I think those little touches help set LiA apart from any other comics I read.

It sucks though that it sounds like Pie is stressing out a bit. I hope you guys can keep up and get through without stressing out TOO much...cause stress sucks, I know cause I'm dealing with a lot of it atm also =P So keep up the good work but try not to let it burn you two out!
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Thrishmal » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:56 am

I know I got a laugh out of this one when I first saw it and I still chuckle when I read it. You all really do a fantastic job on these comics.

It sounds like you all worry a bit too much about how they are perceived, which is understandable but a bit unfounded, I think. I can tell you straight up that you have nothing to worry about with your art style, it is by far the best that I have seen on the internet and one of the things that really drew (har har) me into the comic the first time I saw it. The humor is fantastic as well, even making me laugh when I don't necessarily know the game or event in question.

Don't try and take on too much and most importantly, enjoy yourselves /lv
Thrishmal
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks a ton for the kind words Thrishmal! And thank you for your support Roll!

Yeah, I am very critical of our stuff...maybe to a fault? I dunno. I think that it's good to constantly strive to be better but it certainly can eat away at my self confidence if I let it. Usually I just clench my fist, smile at the progress and focus on getting better in the future.

I guess I've kinda gotten into the bad habit of voicing my inner insecurities on the forums. Usually I'm pretty optimistic and upbeat but I feel like I can be candid here because there is actual dialogue. I know Pie and I are really honored to get such fantastic compliments, and when we look at our work it makes us happy too. I think when we get such strong feedback, we really want to keep our pressure high so we can keep improving. It would be a shame to feel content and then have the material stagnate as a result...it's a pitfall I think Pie and I are constantly aware and weary of.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares