[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 82 - The Prince
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 82 - The Prince

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 82 - The Prince

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Rhyme style Katamari Damacy related comic with a Raving Rabbids cameo.

http://www.lifeinaggro.com/Archives/lia20111102.html

Other than the Rabbids, there's a Dig Dug poster, one that says "random" (lol), and some dino toys that were in the portal comic. I think I say it every time but I always like the rhyme style ones. I have to wonder though, do those take a lot of extra work or does it just come to you easily?

In any case, I thought this one was pretty funny, cause if you let the prince run rampant he's unstoppable! Also, why does the prince say bunny?
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: LiA 82 - The Prince

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks Roll for starting this and next comic's topics for us. XD

I think it's fun and interesting that you pay attention to when I put small details like those into our comics. =D It makes me want to do it more. =) I did the "random" poster because I was getting too lazy to decide on what to draw for it and figured that general readers probably won't notice or care to look at the background posters I make. ^^

We planned this comic similar to how we planned the Portal2 comic. We've been wanting to do a Katamari Damacy comic for a long time, but didn't know how to approach it. There're a lot of KD comics out there and most of them fall into the common theme of an unsuspecting character minding their own business who is eventually rolled up in a giant katamari ball. Thus so we decided if we did a KD comic, we couldn't use that pattern or theme. =x The comic's idea first came about with Bear having a messy room and there being a hint of something ominous happening which led to us talking about doing something with the katamari being really small which pretty much led to the basis of what the comic is today.

Soon after deciding what was going to happen in the comic, Bear expressed that he was in the mood to do a rhyming comic and threw in the idea of emulating Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven to go with it. We both decided it was very fitting. Rhyming comics generally take a lot more time for Bear to write than a normal script because he found himself loving the craft and has become meticulous about making it the best he can make it. Sometimes it just flows as he writes, but lately when doing the large rhyming ones, he spends a few hours writing up an unrefined draft for me to start drawing (3-4 hours), and continues working on it on and off till we finish it up! He puts a lot of thought and work into them. XD I'm really happy how this one came out! =)

Bear was the one who decided for the prince to say a bunny head; It's to visually show that the prince responded but without using text. I feel using text in that situation would detract from the simple visuals.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: LiA 82 - The Prince

Postby Bear » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:52 am

I also feel that having the Prince simply "saying" bunny is a trait that I personally consider to be a style of Pie's. She constantly does this in her works by having small critters saying some symbol instead of text, which leaves it up to the reader what the sound and meaning is. Over the years, I've found it to be a charming aspect of her art, and I like to see her use it whenever we have the opportunity.

I have a feeling that not too many people like the rhyming comics, at least how the current ones come out. As far as writing a script goes and seeing how it comes out, I really enjoy it. Even if I have the idea that people don't really care for them, I enjoy it too much to stop doing them hehe.

I love the idea of being able to stretch out and experiment with different styles of comics. Having well written pieces, visually intense pieces, silent, rhyming and all that is very fun to play around with.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares