[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - New Site - Feedback and Bugs
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

New Site - Feedback and Bugs

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

New Site - Feedback and Bugs

Postby Bear » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Sorry for the quick post; I'll post more probably tomorrow when I have time. But now that the site has launched, what do you all think?

Are there any bugs / broken links that you guys see that need fixing? Questions? General feedback? All is welcome and appreciated! Thanks all!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: New Site - Feedback and Bugs

Postby Thrishmal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Dig the new site and found the hover-over on the front page to be rather comical, nice touch!

I do have a question, is there an easy way to navigate away from the forums to the main site now (besides my toolbar bookmark)? If not, a button for that would be fantastic!
Thrishmal
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Thrishmal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Also, a question regarding this update:

"The comics now appear after the associated blog posts, so you don't have to navigate to separate pages, simply scroll down or hop in a warp pipe. Want comics a la carte? www.lifeinaggro.com/comic has them in a gallery-like fashion."

I took that to read that the comic should have shown under the same titled post explaining the origin of the comic. Instead I am seeing it at the start (bottom) of the days postings. Is that how it is supposed to be or is it slightly off? Perhaps today is an exception because of all of the extra news?

That is all I have really seen so far, for reals this time :D
Thrishmal
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby RollCasket » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Well as I'm at work I'm on my phone and it runs...abysmally bad on my phone x.x the old layout worked fine but it was so bad I couldn't read it very well so I figured I'd just read it when I get home =P I dunno if it'd be better on a post with less text or not cause that's definitely more than the norm, but I'll check again then.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:55 am

Thanks for the comments Thrishmal and Roll~

As far as navigating away from the forums back to the main site, there is none currently. Sadly, I didn't write very good notes when I worked on the original skin, so I'm having trouble locating the appropriate code in the new skin Wooster gave us. I need to get work done on the forum code too since the edit buttons and a few others have been missing, so hopefully I'll have some time soon to do so.

As far as comics coming after all posts for the day, that is intended. I meant associated blog posts to mean whichever blog posts Pie and I write for that entry, but I can see the confusion. This weeks entry was slightly different because I tacked on the news of the short break to the end of the entry - typically we would intend for the comic to be at the bottom of the page, to sort of signify a finality for that entry.

Roll, please let me know if it is still running badly on your phone. Also, what sort of phone/OS do you have? I checked it out on an iPhone, and it seemed okay, but I don't have access to an android phone, so I'm not sure how it runs on that platform.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Ah, it seems to be working fine now. That first day when I was scrolling down it kept trying to scroll right and left also even though there was nothing there and it was like...studering I guess you could say, just goin super slow.

I'm on the already obsolete iPhone 4, lol, but yeah it's good now. It does seem a little weird to have the comic after a post about you talking about it, I don't think any other comic does it that way. Like, if you were saying "yeah this comic didn't turn out too well but I hope you like it..." that's already in mind when people see the comic.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares