[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - LiA 87 - Full Steam Ahead
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

LiA 87 - Full Steam Ahead

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

LiA 87 - Full Steam Ahead

Postby Mistaque » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Sales, sales, sales...
More and more sales..
Must.. resist.. sales..
Whenever I think I'm done buying games for a while, they always stuff more great games on sale! /pif
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Re: LiA 87 - Full Steam Ahead

Postby Thrishmal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah...I have this same issue with Steam. I know I shouldn't be buying these games, but the deal is too good to pass up! I have about 340 games that I have bought on Steam, from bundle deals or just single priced good deals.

How many of these games have I actually played? Hardly any of them...BUT I HAVE TO HAVE THEM ALL!

It is like a collectible card game collection, but for adults!
Thrishmal
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby RollCasket » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Yeah, I don't have THAT many games on steam, but I have gotten games for myself and others due to the many good deals they have. Even though I don't have a ton of games I also have a few I haven't touched yet...though for that matter I have a lot of pc and console games I have yet to beat or even play more than an hour or two x.x

One of these days I'll get a chance to go through my ever expanding backlog =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Thrishmal » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:52 am

I see it as saving something to do for retirement!

or when I can send a robotic clone into work for me, pretty much the same thing.
Thrishmal
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Bear » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:38 am

I am really happy to see games around the $2.50 mark - that is an amazing price to get invested in a game at.

At first, I was really against the idea of having too many games go toward a digital, especially digital ONLY, model. The collector in me wants to own the box, sniff its new game goodness and rub the manual all over my body. I do hope games that reach a certain sales level decide to do a limited edition (platinum) print run with a physical copy of the game and some neat collectibles. That way hardcore fans of the game can still "own" it.

When I used to work in the tech industry, I used to collect games like a madman and had the same attitude as you Thrishmal; once I retire, "I'll have a huge catalogue of games to keep me busy." I think it is a very common attitude to have, especially if you are a busy professional. I would say do your best to try and consume as many of the games you acquire as soon as you get them though; who knows how many hours of games you would have after 30+ years of working... it boggles the mind lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares