[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Late Valentine
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Late Valentine

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Late Valentine

Postby Alexx » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:19 am

And now all I can imagine at the end of the comic is a ghostly Zack and Aeris looking down from the heavens in horror.

Also, I'ma name her Skeleaeris.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: Late Valentine

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 am

This... this is why I love you guys. This right here.

I hear you one the Best FF debate, Bear. I usually tend not to debate such things since it is a matter of opinion. FF7 was my first, and will always hold a strong sense of nostalgia for me. Something about the whole Midgar segment really led to a great feeling of being held down in the darkness fighting against this corporate machine that had not a care in the world for who or whatever got in their way. I like the whole game, but the first few hours are probably some of the best, both from a gameplay and cinematic standpoint. For instance, when the plate comes crashing down and the view slowly fades through the window of President Shinra's office and you hear opera music in the backround. Then it switches outside to a view of the building. Like the game is telling you to feel free and go mess these jerks up. It just sets a great tone. Helpless but not necessarily hopeless. That aside, I think FF4 is my favorite, though I do agree that FF6 is proabably the best.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby RollCasket » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 pm

As said it pretty much goes with which FF game you started with, but if you were a kid and had already played previous FF games before 7 came out the hype for that game was CRAZY! Though it's not my fav, FF7 still holds a nice place in my heart and is still fun to play today. I will say though that FF4 is my favorite and I'd also say the best overall. If you think of what a large upgrade it was over 3 (which I also still like) I'd say it's hard to dispute otherwise.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 am

I can verify the first is your favorite rule (or at the very least the one that's most fun while playing it), which means 10 is my favorite. /no1
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Haha, yeah, I personally started with 6 and went back to 4. It really is hard to appreciate games going backwards because of the bar being raised and just the first time you pick up one of the good FF games, it just has a way of really grabbing you.

Roll is right, the hype for 7 was HUUUUUUGGGGGEE and I can't tell you how much of a rabid fanboy I was of SquareSoft at the time. When the tech demo came out, I played it so often on my computer I'm surprised I didn't burn out the HD; I was just so incredibly excited for 7. When it was announced that it would be a PS exclusive, it was THE system seller for me, and I, like I'm sure many others, bought the system with the anticipation of all the goodness Square would bring to that console. Oh how we were not let down!

I did love 9, but not nearly to the extent of the people who started with it. FF8 did a good job of softening the excitement for 9, so my attitude going into it was a lot more mellow. But! I do love FF-X2! I can't believe how much crap this game gets, I thought it was lighthearted and the job system was so fun!! Pie never did end up playing it and I want to play it through with her someday soon so she can see how cool it is.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares