[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Baby's First Bombshell
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Baby's First Bombshell

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Baby's First Bombshell

Postby Eccs » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 am

Pie its like you are pulling the gaming desires from my head /swt2 (Please excuse my essay I haven't posted for far too long @_@)

I think you have perfectly captured the airy nature that Welkin displays in the animation. Definitely a game that I would recommend playing just for the sheer enjoyableness of the story and unique and interesting design.

Valkyria chronicles is actually one of the first games I got for my PS3 in 2010?. The reason this game first attracted me was pretty much the nice drawn/sketchy art feeling it had around the game kind of like Okami which I had on my wii. Needless to say I quickly drawn into the game with the beautiful artwork and music.

The game play was initially a bit annoying since I hadn't played a game like this before and there wasn't a tutorial. ( I didn't realize enemies could keep shooting you in your turn while you only could shoot them once /pif ) However once I had mastered the controls I was completely addicted to the game. I don't know if I have OCD or something, but once I had zoomed through the main story line, I decided to find all those side story levels that gave insights into some of the characters and complete the game with a perfect score and without losing characters*.

Anyway, after I had played through the game and everything I was highly disappointed to find out that the later installments of the game were only available on PSP /omg . Which I unfortunately did not have, anyway lately I have been wanting to play it again to the point I started to watch the anime. On the positive note there is still the DLC that is available for the game that I never got around to purchasing?

* This is probably the sole reason it takes me forever to complete each version of fire emblem unfortunately my stubborn desire to keep every single character alive XD
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Re: Baby's First Bombshell

Postby RollCasket » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:30 am

I really liked Valkyria Chronicles...until that one tank mission where you have to fight that uber tank with yours, and you don't really have any wiggle room with how you can do it. Part of what's fun is being able to pick characters you want and complete the stage how you want, but that stage kinda killed it. Still, was one of my early PS3 favs overall.

Also, don't be too sad about the psp ones, they don't have the same awesome looking style and the 2nd game is kinda eh...while the better 3rd game never came out here. So prolly better to have missed it =P

Have you played Fire Emblem: Awakening yet? I'm still playing it at over 110 hours or so lol. Only sad part is I STILL can't finalize my team until a few more dlcs come out cause I want to stick Lyn in there =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Now I think I'm going to have to get this. I remember it looked interesting to me, but I'm hesitant with strategy RPGs. I have a host of Nippon Ichi titles I haven't played too deep into. Although I shouldn't judge based solely on those since they add way too many mechanics, in my opinion. Of course I've played the hell out of Final Fantasy Tactics, mostly because I love the story so much and partly because of how much of a battle god you can be once you learn the system. Other than that I've beaten the DS release of the first Front Mission. I get apprehensive with SRPGs because they can be a lot of busy work and in any one of them with permanent character death I get a little psychotic about trying to keep everyone alive.

That said, this one is sounding worth it, if the story is as intriguing as it sounds. I know story is my main drive with the other two, so perhaps I'll put it on my list.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby ThePaul » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Why you no come out in America third one?!?! /omg

How am I supposed love these characters when Project X Zone comes out?!!? /omg
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Eccs » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 am

Hey Roll,

Which uber tank stage are you referring to? The uber tank in the desert? The tank general with that tank with extra armour plates?Or the uber giant fortress tank that plows through basically everything
?
No unfortunately Fire Emblem :Awakening is not due to be released until late April in Australia, apart from that I have other hurdles to jump. I need a 3DS first. Recently preordered monster hunter 3 ultimate wii u package so I am a bit out of pocket at the moment. That and the upcoming release of starcraft 2 expansion. So I am not sure if I will be finished with those two before April.

My brother is more partial to high speed characters like pegasii/swords masters/wyverns. I prefer infantry mainly with generals (so tanky /heh ).
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:44 am

I don't really remember as it's been awhile x.x I liked using the shock troopers a lot though and that was more of a lancer stage.

Yeah Starcraft 2 will finally pull me away from Fire Emblem a bit, esp as zerg is my favorite race. Totally ready to spawn more overlords lol. Sucks that FE isn't out yet there though. There was a FE bundle system also but no idea if that comes out there. Course having no money it wouldn't matter anyway, I know my brother also wants it but has no money and no 3DS also =P

I'm not sure what my favorites are as I like more the characters themselves instead of the classes, esp since in Awakening you can make some characters about anything though some are obviously better at certain roles, while a few only have a limited selection of class changes. The tank types aren't quite as good in this one as there are more open areas and less choke points you can bunker them into, but they're still especially useful for baiting enemies.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Mmmm shock troopers are definitely my favorite class too, especially once you get the special purple flame thrower /gg . On that note as well, I like the shamrock tank cause it has a flamethrower too, good for killing all those pesky people hiding in the bushes and clearing bunkers.

For Fire Emblem I think you could change between classes since shadow dragon or radiant dawn. Not too sure though its been a while since I last played. I guess open spaces means that I will have to go back to cavalry charges instead. But generals were pretty awesome at leveling other characters at least used to be leave an unarmed one in front of a boss and get the character you want to level to attack with a ranged weapon with a heal slave /no1. The ai was nice enough to always go for my general since it couldn't attack /heh
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby ThePaul » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am

Anyway, what I love most about this comic is that it totally fits with the sense of humor of the game (or at least what it was in the second one, haven't actually played the first one).
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares