[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Like a Virgin
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Like a Virgin

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Like a Virgin

Postby Kerreth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Well, it could be worse. At least you're not in, say, Anita Sarkeesian's shoes. /swt2

But I understand the pressure some content creators are under with their likes and whatnot. Especially on Youtube, likes and favorites and subscriptions are what determine sponsorship deals and investments. People want to make their livelihood publishing their content on the internet, but investors want metrics. It puts the creators in a tight place (particularly since all of them want to eat and sleep in addition to pumping out entertainment for me to consume. Selfish asses. /sarcasm).
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Like a Virgin

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:34 pm

I liked this, but Kerreth's definitely got a point. You guys probably have the hardest jobs to deal with financially, but you do it because making comics is your passion. As always, I'd just like to encourage you to keep pursuing your dreams and never let anyone tell you that doing so isn't worth it. Fuck haters, but remember to take them out to dinner first. /heh

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby thatonesniperguy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Silly Pie, that's not how you upload a comic...though it would be awesome. Just stuff your drawings into the CD-R drive and watch the computer accept them and post them wherever you want. My life would be so much easier...

....I'm rambling again, aren't I? /swt2

It can be pretty harsh to have such a low level of positive feedback on your work, especially when you've worked so hard on it. I often run into the same problem on deviantArt myself (though, to be fair, I'm neither well-known or very good... /sob ). But you guys are right, the true motivation isn't likes, faves, etc. It's whether we like what we do. I know you guys do, and I, for one, love it.

...Sorry, sorry. I'll try to curb my rambling next time.
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Well now I want to see that comic in your comic. ....I heard you like comics in your comics, so I STOP THAT! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!

Sorry. You know. Anyway, I want to know what that shark had to say.

Within the next few months I intend to start self publishing on the internet. I expect it to be slow at first, and I'm trying to prepare myself for that. I'm sure I'll still be disappointed, but I'm going to write the stories regardless so I might as well try to share them.

"Your Mom" has to already be taken, but what about "Nobody?" It's mean, but also kind of paradoxical, so it's funny in that regard. That's probably taken, too.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Pie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:11 am

No worries about rambling Sniperguy, I don't think you are. XD It was Bear's idea to make Pie jam the comic into the disc drive. I really like the idea and approach. =D

Thanks for your kind words and support guys. I was really touched to see how much of a response we got off this one... though I wonder about them too... >.> *to be continued*

I'm really happy to hear people asking about what the comic in the comic is and what the shark had to say! lol

=x

Good luck Adol at publishing your stuff! I hope the best for you! XD Can you post or send a link when you have it up? I'd like to take a look! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:11 am

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Kickstarter for "Shark talks to Guy" comic!

We need $20,000 to make this happen! Why 20k you ask? Well let us break down the funds for this complicated system of making comics for you.

15k will go to research and development. We need to know exactly what this shark would say to a person, so we'll be swimming with the sharks to ensure absolute authenticity.

4k will go to hospital charges after swimming with sharks. We anticipate no less then 7,272,013 near fatal injuries that will occur from all the dangerous creatures in the sea like whales and dolphins as we begin our talks with the docile and majestic shark.

$600 will go to a semester abroad to study shark drawing. We will settle for no less then ABSOLUTE AUTHENTICITY. Even if the shark ends up looking ultra realistic and out of place next to everything else in the strip.

$300 will go to food for the week. We will settle for no less then name brand products, no more Magic Stars for us! It's Lucky Charms time bitches!

$95 will go to an outside consultant that will name the shark. Even after our extensive research and development, we won't be qualified to come up with a name for the shark. Remember, ABSOLUTE AUTHENTICITY!

$5 will go to producing the comic.

STRETCH GOALS!
50k Bonus!
If we make it to 50k we will donate .005% to some kind of shark charity (those exist right?) and then bling ourselves the fuck out with the rest.

Rewards!
Bottom of the Barrel Tier:
You get to read the comic! Yay!

Barrel Roll Tier:
You get a signed print!

Barrel of Monkies Tier:
You get a Barrel of Monkies! Don't tell us what you're going to do with it.

Sorry I'm on a "Barrel" Kick Tier:
All the above plus the satisfaction of reading a comic with a SHARK talking to a GUY!

Super Extra Special Busted My Bank (using a Barrel) Tier!
Did we mention a freaking SHARK talking to a freaking GUY?!?!

Let's make this happen people!
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby thatonesniperguy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:43 pm

thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Autolux » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Putting blood and sweat into the comic still I see ;)

Shoot me a message you guys /lv
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:02 am

Don't talk about shooting around sniper, it's one of his trigger words.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Next

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares