[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Prince Perfecto
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Prince Perfecto

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Prince Perfecto

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm

...and thus Quicksave was invented.
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Re: Prince Perfecto

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Ah the good ole "kill yourself till you get it just right" maneuver. I always wonder what the other characters in the game think of that. Eh, they probably forget about it after you're out of sight for ten or fifteen seconds. But does the player character remember...
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Librari » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Oh gods, how many times I have done this, over and over again, especially during speedruns... poor Samus/Link/various Fire Emblem characters. Sometimes it's faster to suicide than it is to go into the menu and reload from last checkpoint.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:07 am

I have to remind myself when playing ROMs not to quick save unless necessary because it feels incredibly cheap to constantly reload the game just for the sake of having a "pefect" game. I want to be able to get that perfect run under my own power, ya know? XD

But then...I'm starting to come to terms with the idea that I may just be a masochist when it comes to games. I always seem to wish that difficulty was harder...

Harder...

HARDER...

HARDER!!!!!!

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:25 pm

The reason I like quicksaving on roms is because of my tendency to lack strategy in fire emblem. Shouting "CHARGE!!!!" and rushing in doesn't work when I get to the final boss with only the mandatory characters. Though I've only played Sacred Stones (Warp Seth in the middle of everything and watch the slaughter) and Radiant Dawn, though RD is harsh with the limited chance for exp.
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares