[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Journey: Qu's Quest, Part 1
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Journey: Qu's Quest, Part 1

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Journey: Qu's Quest, Part 1

Postby Alexx » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:32 am

AWESOME! Lookin' forward to the rest!

I friggin' loved this game, and I still go back to it to play certain levels (like the big sand valley one that you slide through). I never turn the internet connection off, though, so I always end up meeting someone and getting attached to them as we stroll along. I've finished the game at least two or three times with another person solely because I felt like I couldn't leave 'em in the middle (each time I had only turned the game on to mess around a bit).

And hell, I'll be honest: I teared up at the ending. I kinda figured where it was going, but the imagery just plucks all those right chords. Music too, of course - went and bought that soundtrack straightaway.

Anyway: Great game, and I'm glad you two got around to experiencing it!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: Journey: Qu's Quest, Part 1

Postby Pie » Thu May 15, 2014 11:17 am

Thanks Alex for your enthusiasm on seeing the rest of the comic. XD As we said in the first post of the Journey comic, we really love the game! It's such an interesting element to have a huge part of the experience being dependent on your somewhat non verbal interaction with other unknown players. I think it's really cool hearing/reading about experiences of people who've played it, not knowing that the other pilgrim is a person too. I felt a bit reluctant to even mention that because I don't want to spoil the experience for anyone who doesn't know. -but I figured that if they read your comment, they probably will know about it. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: Journey: Qu's Quest, Part 1

Postby Adol The Red » Sun May 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Great stuff. I've been gone from the site for a while, but I gotta say I enjoyed what was here when I got back. Journey was a great game and a lot of fun, and I liked your take on it. Especially the spitting sand out the eyes part.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares