[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Patre-wut?!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Patre-wut?!

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Patre-wut?!

Postby The Lich Tree » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

cool i guess. yalls paterson is cheaper than most.. now is it 10$ a month to get 30 mins of your time in private a month? or more like 40$ a month 10$ for each comic? that is a bit confusing.. i may donate, no promises.. None. never made a promise i would, love you guys but no promises.. nadda. but yea.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Re: Patre-wut?!

Postby Bear » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:05 am

Heya Kain~ No worries about making any promises haha Pie and I know that everyone means well, but money could be strapped (or being used elsewhere); it's all good! We wanted to sort of give a lot of options, that's why we setup the , since maybe a one time thing in Paypal, gift, or commission is more their thing instead of a constant pledge on Patreon.

It was setup for $10 a comic, which could have been $40 or $50 a month (when there are 5 Fridays) at maximum. However, you can set monthly caps, like $10/comic with a $20/month cap, or whatever.

We chose the per comic route because we thought that it offered people the most flexibility, since you can do just what I mentioned above. In the per month route, you are pretty much locked in at whatever tiers we set. Perhaps on a per month would have been more clear though? Not too sure. Patreon is relatively new and we're completely new to it as well, so we're kinda adjusting as we go.

Speaking of which, we adjusted the tiers today. We removed the $10/comic tier and added a $2/comic tier, so now it's $1, $2, $3 and $5 per comic. We thought people might not be considering that they can go for a tier and cap it, so we lowered it to seem more reasonable~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Patre-wut?!

Postby RollCasket » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 pm

I know me and Farore have been silent lately but we both like that you're doing this. Since I've only got 1 job now till one of these others pops up we can only do a lower tier till later, but with enough people pitching in I hope it works out well for you guys. I know it's the lowest milestone goal, but if you guys ever wanted to do a con back in Vegas you could stay in our extra room and we should also be able to get you into the con easily too. We actually had our own booth for our site at the last Level Up Expo. I know it's still a bit of work with driving and such, but it's an option at least.

Good luck with it in any case. Of course I'd love it if it gets high enough for more hoodies =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares