[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Et Tu, Cutie?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Et Tu, Cutie?

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Et Tu, Cutie?

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 am

Is it worth posting an entire topic just to say I wholly agree with your point, Bear? I suppose it is, because I did. Restricting these things seems strange to me. I know it takes work to program different models, but I think it's worth it, especially for people who use their avatars to project their identity. I always think of game avatars as people I'm playing alongside rather than an in-game version of myself, but even so, I'm not one to shirk more options in character creation.

I keep imagining Bear in the bunny costume now, weepy eyed and happy.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: Et Tu, Cutie?

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:13 am

I just want to pop my head in and say that I've been loving the comics, haven't really had anything to say cause I don't play final fantasy /swt2

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Librari » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:35 am

I'm with Fixxxer here. Not much to say since I just don't even play MMOs anymore, but still liking the comics. /no1
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Pie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm happy to hear you guys say that. Thank you Fixxxer and Librari. ^_^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Hypie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

And not long after the Registration the first

I can't agree with Pie (which makes me feel guilty) because...just imagine a Roe in these Fishnets...please no...this has nothing to do with anti homosexual behaviour, just saying, its just...some Stuff is tailored to compliment the female Body and not the Male Body =/

There is a huuuge Discussion about this going on since...forever in the official Forums and while i agree that Squeenix should work harder for the Male Players i can just disagree again with sharing Fishnets. Well Bunny Ears would be funny though...
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Hypie » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:24 am

Uhm how do i edit here? /omg

I meant Adol not Pie... /...
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:40 am

To edit you'll have to go to the User Control Panel and switch to FIA style. At least, that's how I do it.

I guess for me it's not about what I do or don't want to see. Equality is about freedom, and I personally dislike double standards as well as the emphasis placed on gender roles. So long as what you are doing does not harm someone, or unjustly force them, then I just don't have a problem with it. (Of course it is more detailed than that, but explaining my stance on morality would take up way too much space.)

Now, we are talking about a game, and all attempts at such equality would require effort from programmers to model all of these items for both genders. That is time and money they feel is better utilized elsewhere, and I can understand that. Personally I'd just like to see the effort made. I work with a lot of people who constantly make known how much they disapprove of this type of person or that type of person. And I always think, what do they get out of making these people feel terrible about something that is just an aspect of who they are? (Not to mention that it does them no direct harm.) If I was faced with that kind of scrutiny, I would rather it be about something that could have a negative effect, rather than something that simply makes them uncomfortable. With a game where people are oftentimes representing themselves, and just coming to have some fun, I think you have the opportunity to reverse some of that negativity. Just having the option could brighten someone's day a little.

Well, that's my stance, anyway. And you don't have to worry about your opinion sounding homophobic, I think, as cross-dressing and sexuality are not directly related. I understand the fear of coming off a certain way, of course. I hope this doesn't sound like an attack on you or your opinions - I don't mean it that way. I just thought I'd express my point more clearly.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Hypie » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:16 am

Ah okay thx Adol.

Well the homosexuality note was because most of Players in the official Forums who wanted all these Stuff had outed themself as such. You can imagine the Storm after that (humans can be so cruel). And i was banned for a whole Week because i talked about alternatives for these Players (got reported for "antihomosexual strong language" and "racism") because they just want THIS Stuff and won't set for alternatives...tried discussing this with SE by the Way and just got a standard warning for not fighting this ban anymore or they would think about a perm ban...so i was just being extra careful^^
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Ah I see. I run into a lot of people (hey, it's my work again) who cannot, or refuse, to see a difference, so I might have been presumptuous. Thankfully, LiA is a pretty open and accepting place.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Librari » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Crossdressing in video games can be pretty hilarious sometimes, e.g. Saints Row 3 & 4.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares