[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Right in Her Hit Box
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Right in Her Hit Box

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Right in Her Hit Box

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:29 am

I know how you feel Pie, I'm going to be replacing my 96 Daihatsu Charade in a few months. I've had so much fun driving my car and I love it so much, it's going to be so hard letting it go.

Loved the comic as always, reminds me of the whole "fool me once" idiom and how George Bush butchered it haha

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Re: Right in Her Hit Box

Postby Pie » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:45 am

Thank you Fixxxer for sharing your feelings about your car too. It means a lot to me. I'm happy to hear that you can relate. It was so hard. I wonder how many people feel this way about having to get rid of their car. Sometimes I think maybe I'm just being too sentimental or am too attached to the past. Thank you.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Adol The Red » Sun May 01, 2016 12:47 pm

I'm this way with a lot of things, especially things that were given to me. During my recent move I was going to get a new dresser, but when I was looking at my current dresser that I've had my entire life I found I couldn't bare to just throw it in the trash. It's not in such great condition that someone else would want it, so when it leaves it probably won't be going to a new home.

As far as my cars go, though - I did love them, but I had to keep secret from them how much money I had. If they found out I had money in the bank they would break down immediately. Now I lease, which I never used to be big on becuase of the costs, but the peace of mind that comes with it has been a huge stress relief. Though I admit there is less of a connection becuase I don't feel like I own it.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Mon May 02, 2016 8:42 am

My wife just went through the same thing, though....a bit more violently, since her car was hit and totaled. We're okay, of course. It was an odd hit, where they had a tall jeep and ours was kinda low, so as they turned in front of us (by some magical intervention of fate?) our front end went UNDER them, causing them no damage and us ALL the damage. We took it in for repairs, and when they called my wife I heard her bust out crying. I thought maybe something bad had happened, but it was just the news that her car was totaled and wouldn't be worth repairing (the frame was bend down).

That was her first car, we've had it since 2007. We've got a photo of her hugging the poor thing at the shop, before we drained it of our belongings. I snapped off a "shield" symbol and took the front grill, to hang in the garage (since it had fallen off perfectly, anyway).
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares