[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - News That's Fit to Clip
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

News That's Fit to Clip

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

News That's Fit to Clip

Postby ThePaul » Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Who else thought it was going to end with Pie cutting out and saving the good parts of Bear?

Is that just me?

Anyone....?

/hmm
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Re: News That's Fit to Clip

Postby Alexx » Mon May 02, 2016 8:49 am

Who says she didn't/does currently? Perhaps it's just little parts Bear won't miss.

*ahem* Anyway, I didn't keep as many magazine, but I do have quite a few PSMs (Playstation magazine). Which is funny, considering I didn't have a playstation around when I was getting it. It was still interesting to keep up, though, and they had some good artists working for them (they had this cheesy "swimsuit" issue every year, where they contracted artists to draw the ladies all sexy-like, which was sometimes funny, since some artists have only one female body type they can draw, so some of them end up way out of proportion vs how they look in their source material).

Best part is looking at all the games that people had high hopes for, or ones that were getting ridiculous praise before they came out - then ended up a fantastic bomb.

There's one small stack I have, non-game related. "Disney Adventures", though I wasn't much of a Disney fan back then. I've kept the little stack because they would go over current or upcoming cartoons and had some pretty damn decent comics in the back. One, though, sports the FIRST Pokémon advertisement I had ever seen. It just said "Gotta Catch 'em All" and had a group of Pokémon amidst a blank white background. Mysterious!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Adol The Red » Mon May 02, 2016 11:54 am

Agh, the adorableness! Too much! (Just enough.)

It's funny, I just got rid of a bunch of magazines I had been saving as well. For me, it was that I hadn't looked at them in years and I had to move, and boxes full of paper are heavy. I alreay had six book boxes and four paper boxes, and I needed a place to put some other things so it was time to say goodbye to the magazines. It was a little difficult, but this move was a challenging one due to the stairs at my old apartment. I further intend to go through old stuff I've been hoarding and trim it down to make the next move a little easier, and to make more room. Although I don't have as many memories attached to these items as you guys do. I get attached to gifts, but not so much to anything I bought myself.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Pie » Sun May 22, 2016 3:18 pm

I'm really happy to hear about you guys collecting magazines from the old days too. =) Bear and I feel like it's something that really ties a lot of us from our generation and interests together. XD -that a lot of gamers will be able to relate to getting magazines and reminiscing on that era of gaming history. I understand Alexx on having magazines for a system that he didn't even have. I did that too for the Genesis even though I didn't have one. I even bought games for systems that I didn't have at the time like Japanese FF7, and some PS2 games. ^^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares