[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The P Virus
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

The P Virus

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

The P Virus

Postby Alexx » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:41 am

YUP. This game is bringing the Pokémon world to real life - where EVERYONE does it and it's the basis of all things (nearly). People are walkin' around the park near the library where I work and catching, walking around downtown, around my house, in the fields, riding bikes in little hunting parties, etc. It's AMAZING. Hell, just the other day I think my wife and I interacted with two people randomly on the street for the FIRST TIME IN OUR LIVES. They were at a church trying to take the "gym" and I asked if they were winning (to which they said they were trying) and my wife pointed out how she got her ass handed to her in the same spot.

On the other hand, you've got people setting lures and robbing people at gunpoint (which may only be ONE instance so far, so not an epidemic) and even more people getting hurt by sheer stupidity (driving while playing, not paying attention). I almost hit a kid on his bike because I was RIGHT NEXT TO HIM and he didn't realize there was a car! Next to him! NEXT TO HIM. A CAR. Yeesh.

Like you stated, though: I think this is having more positive effects, than negative. I mean, sure, you've got the blind-and-angry folks who hate it because it's popular (and I'm honestly surprised there's still people who are like "I'M AN ADULT AND ME DON'T PLAY KID GAMES") but in the end, you've got people with a big thing in common getting out and about. That's quite a feat!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: The P Virus

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:58 am

Love the style of this one. The black and white gritty look came out really well.

What I find cool about pokemon go is that it's a video game that is actually getting people to go outside and interact with each other, a concept normally anathema to at least a chunk of the gaming crowd. (Sorry, I just really wanted to use the word anathema.) I can certainly understand enjoying the community aspect as well. I don't personally know any other Touhou fans, and spending a day with a huge group of them at a convention was the best.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: The P Virus

Postby Pie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:20 pm

@Alex- Thank you Alex for sharing your experience and thoughts on Pokemon Go. hahaha, I like how you mentioned Pokemon being the basis of almost all things in the world and the thought of it relating to real life currently. XD I always wondered about that in the games and anime. It surprises me and makes me really happy to see so many Pokemon fans springing up in public because of the app. The idea of people being resistant and judgmental against Pokemon and the fans because of their own insecurities of maturity or whatever, frustrates me. >.<. -and it's upsetting to know that people are being reckless, and that there are people that are taking advantage of players in negative ways mentioned in the news. -_- I really love the positives that have come about though so, though it will most likely not bring about "universal peace", I have hope that the positive effects will heavily outweigh the negative ones. '_'

@Adol- Thank you very much Adol. =D I should remember anathema, it sounds like a useful word. XD Thanks. =3
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares