[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - [395] The Value of Pie
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

[395] The Value of Pie

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

[395] The Value of Pie

Postby Alanzi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:21 pm

I really like that you made this comic. It takes a lot of bravery to not only post the words you did but also make an entire art work out of it. I certainly don't think I could; I've become an expert at dancing around things I don't feel comfortable discussing, but you always seem to come across as straightforward and genuine. It's really admirable.

I'm sorry to hear about your physical condition thing, that's got to be tough. :( I think you make a good point when you mentioned that people don't have to pretend to know how you feel in order to help. In fact, IMO it usually makes things worse, but maybe that's just me.

Spirals are so hard to get out of once they start, and when you're in a bad mood you almost don't want to get out of it. It kind of reminds me of I saw a while back. I think that post helped me realize that sometimes when you're most vulnerable is when the whole thing starts, not when you're already deep in it. That's the truly hard part.

In any case, you're absolutely not worthless! I don't come here every day because I'm bored, I come here because you're all really neat people that I enjoy being around when the opportunity arises. The next time you're feeling down and maybe there's no one else around, just imagine a little Alanzi figurine doing some goofy cheerleader dance or something, trying to cheer you up. Actually, I just unlocked /mandervilledance in FFXIV so maybe pretend I'm doing that, oh my god it's so dumb I regret it already
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Re: [395] The Value of Pie

Postby SyD » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:31 am

This strip was very sweet. I think many of us are familiar with that feeling, though our reasons and situations vary, I know I am. It's all too easy to lose sight of our value, sometimes it feels impossible that we could have any, but even when we can't see or feel it our value is still there, we are still valid. Our friends and loved ones can still see it and sometimes they're able to break through and help us see it again too. I'm really glad you have someone there who can and who loves you.

If it helps any this comic is and has been important to me and it would not exist without you. <3
SyD
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Postby Fuujin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:34 am

I've been friends with people with osteogenesis imperfecta, Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, and even my fiance has fibromyalgia. Living with her, I know about the ups and downs. It's really hard in those moments to see the good, stay positive and fight through it, but just because those valleys happen, doesn't mean the peaks aren't coming. It also most definitely doesn't mean you've failed in any way or are lesser for it. There are times when even our closest partners can't really get you out of the funk right away, but just remember, they won't ever give up. Even if hurtful things are said, and everything looks hopeless, it will pass... and the ones you love will be right there for you on the other side. They're there exactly because of your worth as a person.
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby emmydagal » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 pm

At the moment, I can't express much of my emotions in a coherent way, but I do wanna say

love yourself, ok? It can be hard, it can be very very hard, but please, do the best you can to love yourself
emmydagal
Merchant LV 63/45
Merchant  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words.~ We're very lucky to have you all as readers and that the comic meant enough to make you want to reach out and show your support.~ *hugs every one of you* I feel kinda bad about saying "thank you" so often; I'm always worried that me saying it so much will lessen the power of its meaning, but I really don't know how else to show my gratitude.

@Alanzi- Thank you for the link to "The Comfort of Being Sad." It definitely feels relatable. ^^ It reminds me of years ago when I was trying to describe to my older sister who was at a loss at trying to understand my brother's depression, saying that at some point, for whatever reason, you kinda just get addicted to feeling sad and the self deprecating thoughts and behaviors.
Hahah, thank you for the dance. XD That dance is awesome. @u@ I really like the Manderville content. ^_^ -though I still haven't finished all of it. I hope you're enjoying yourself in the game. =D

@SyD- Thank you for saying that the comic is and has been important to you.~ It means a lot and is very touching to hear. I'm really happy that you value it. =)

@Fuujin- Thank you so much for what you wrote, it really hit home for me. I grew up not really knowing anyone who's had to struggle with a chronic problem that has affected their life like mine, and most people I've met couldn't seem to understand the idea of having to deal with it on pretty normal basis. It's comforting to hear about people who aren't so far away who are in similar boat and that if we were to meet in real life, we'd have a mutual innate understanding and relatability. We are very lucky to have found someone who care and want to be with us, even though we have these hard times.

@emmydagal- Thank you for reaching out and for you support, even though you felt that you weren't in a place to express yoursefl in "a coherent way." I still really appreciate it.~ =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Fuujin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:54 am

Hugs all around!
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby emmydagal » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:58 am