[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - RANT TIME!!! D=<
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Other Rants and NSFW

RANT TIME!!! D=<

More adult conversations. Only lightly moderated but still abiding by forum rules. May contain coarse language or nudity-Not Suitable For Work. You've been warned.

RANT TIME!!! D=<

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:11 pm

OMFG I HAVEN'T MADE A POST IN THIS THREAD YET!!!111oneoneoneone

>.>
<.<

...sorry =X
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: RANT TIME!!! D=<

Postby Autolux » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 pm

why does everyone from the enemy team (Left 4 Dead) always leave my games when they're losing. Whatever happened to the thrill of making a come back?!?!?
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Oh man, I hate when people give up easily. I mean, if you're going to give up at the first sign of things going bad why bother playing? Especially in a team game like Left 4 Dead where you have others depending on you and it really screws everyone else over if you just up and quit =P

I play League of Legends every now and then too...it's a DotA style game, and if someone leaves, esp if it's early, it's almost a guaranteed loss...and it's usually for a dumb reason too, like they gave up First Blood or something...big whoop >.>
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Giving up easily really pisses me off. Was encountering this a lot in random pick up groups in WoW where people would judge player ability based solely on gear score. If they didn't like the gear score of their players in the party, the would up and leave. I'm not talking terrible scores either. Sub-optimal? Sure. Impossible? Definitely not. So many people are cowards and run away from challenges that it is stupid...or things that aren't convenient to them.

Also I hate it when people think its okay to dick with someone just because they are online and anonymous. See .
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Yeah I know exactly what ya mean Bear, having run many many characters through the dungeon finder it's really quite the grab bag of people that you get in there =P Esp annoying if you just lvled a new 80 and you know what you're doing but people freak out anyway. The gearscore-tards really get annoying =P I usually encounter them most in raids though. The funny thing being that people that first were going into ICC when it first opened had lower GS then what people require NOW and there's a 30% faceroll buff in there now.../boggle
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Autolux » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:48 pm

I don't think any MMO is safe from elitists judging people based on their gear. Even on RO, as champ gear grew more and more evolved, being a good champ meant doing more and more damage. Even if you could one shot everything in bio, most bio groups would prefer you could do it on HP's without a lex, and on the 99's and so forth. It just got so ridiculous, all the bio champs thought good enough to do bio, were already 99/70, and bio went damn near extinct.

At least on WoW, it doesn't kill off the dungeon altogether when people have trouble finding a killer/tank/whatever to their "standards"

That's one thing I gotta say I love about no longer playing games like these; I go into a match on L4D, I know that the other team is going to get the same bonuses and drawbacks that my team had. I know that it's going to be 100% skill and nothing else that makes it so we win, and suprisingly for an FPS it still requires a lot of strategy and planning, so I never get bored playing the infected :)

But as aforementioned, I'm having a lot of issues getting good games these days. I recently checked my reputation on xbox live, and an astonishing 46% of the ENTIRE people I've ever played with have set to avoid playing games with me. (and this is for sure on L4D, I don't play anything else on versus mode, or with other people aside from my boyfriend)

And this isn't a % based on the amount of people who have submitted a review about me, 54% of the players have either not submitted a review at all, or they submitted a positive review. I'm willing to bet MOST people don't go out of their way to submit a review about me, but 46% of them went out of their way to make sure they never have to play against me again.

I have received messages from the other team accusing me of wall h4x, aimbot, seeing special infected health/glow. I never respond to any of them, cause it's just so lol to me, but I can't believe how many people buy into it. I've had people on my team try to accuse the other team of aim botting and I'm just like "Man, he shot you, that's how the game goes..." I wont deny aimbots do exist but are very difficult to install on an xbox since you need to mod it, and you have to mod it a certain special way for it to still be able to access xbox live, and if your found out, obviously you get banned, not just your Gamertag but the IP address of your xbox as well. I've seen actual footage of aimbotters, and they are quite recognizable. Anytime someone is accussed, after I myself die I monitor said player by watching the game through their eyes during my respawn time. Not once have I ever noticed anything that looked like Aim botting. Yet people are so insistant that it's just impossible to be that good, instead of just keep trying and enjoy a match where the other team isn't full of scrubs, leave, until my team is full of shoddy computer AI.

And oh my god there is no AI worse than L4D2 special-infected AI. I have seen the hunter, on multiple occassions, standing at a railing staring off into the night-sky like he was admiring the cool southern spring air. He had a gleem in his eye and a tune in his heart, not even paying any mind to the survivor with a crowbar walking up behind him and cracking his skull open. The charger, due to having a one track mind, will insist on trying to punch down any survivor in the red and then charge whoever would help him away, not a bad tactic I might add, but not so well executed if you're just running straight in from the front, knowing the other 3 green survivors are just going to pop you off before you even get close to the hurt red survivor in the back. The only good matches I find, people on my team leave cause they dont want good matches, they want shitty one sided matches where the other team leaves and no real fun is had all around. Hurrah.

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux

Postby Autolux » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Sorry for the double post (wow that really turned into a huge post) But I forgot to post on what I was actually going to rant about.

No More Heros 2!

Albeit the game is still a lot of fun, don't get me wrong, if you have a wii, get the first if you haven't played it, then pick up the 2nd, the battle system is highly improved over the first one and the enemies are tons more unique and intelligent. Even the music is better :) and a lot of memorable characters from the first make appearances.

But wtf, this game promises 50 ranked assassin battles. SPOILER ALERT:

many of these matches are tricks. Your cruising along at rank 50, then suddenly you fight "25" people at once, only their all pretty much 1 entity during the match.

You enter a battle that was supposed to be a battle royal with 12 people including you, but when you arrive, one of the fighters has already killed the other 10.

You fight an IMAGINARY assassin. This enemy is extremely easy only because of the way you get to fight them, and mysteriously after the fight, 2 assassins fall from your list.

So counting each of these 3 fights as 1 true fight, the number of fights withdrawn from the game is 36. The big numbers, just an illusion, you'll find yourself nearing rank 10 in no time, despite starting the game off at rank 51. Wtf suda 51, wtf.

Autolux

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Well I can't speak for a lot of the L4D stuff...but I CAN speak for No More Heroes 2, and personally, I was pretty disappointed with that game overall.

Now, when I first started playing I was pretty into it, it felt really good, looked good (well...except for the obnoxious storytelling style they used where you had no idea what was going on and scenes felt mashed in oddly at weird parts) and aside from that I was really excited for the game cause I loved the first so much.

Sadly initial excitement wore off and I actually still haven't gone back to the game to beat it. I dunno, I'm sure I'll go back to it at some point...I would say I might start from the beginning but omfg if I didn't want to break the game in half after doing those mini games OVER AND OVER and the even more stupid workout mini game things so you can upgrade a bit. Ugh...christ...so many people complained about the mini games from the first NMH but I woulda rather played those then the ones from 2. There were also quite a few battles that were frustratingly annoying...not exactly hard, just a pain in the ass, and was SO GLAD when I was done with them...and I can't remember any battles like that in the first one, or at the very least not so many.

There were a few cool things, good battles, and funny parts...though I think my favorite part was the Shinobu section, cause I had always thought she was a cool character so it was cool to play as her for a bit. I can't remember exactly where I had left off as it's been a while, I pretty much played it right when it came out, but I THINK it was some battle involving the bike and it was really stupid if I recall...
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Autolux » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:45 pm

I think the whole strange story telling is just Suda 51's style. Killer 7 had a lot of weird scenes where you really weren't sure what you were watching, but once you finished the game and played through again, some of the weirdness made a lil (not much) more sense. If you haven't played K7 btw, it's definetly worth it, though the gameplay mechanics might be a bit hard to swallow off the bat due to the extreme narrow sense of freedom.

There are a few fights right off the bat I can think of that made me want to eat my wii-mote from NMH1. Until I realized what I was doing wrong, I absolutely hated Holly Summers, and Speed Buster felt too much unlike a boss and more of like a crescendo of the level, though not really annoying just kind of disappointing. Speaking of disappointments... Letz Shake

Autolux

Postby RollCasket » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:50 am

I watched my roommate play a lot of Killer 7...I just don't play a lot of shooters in general. I usually only play them either with friends, or if it's Metroid, and that's mainly cause it's only partially a shooter =P

It HAS been a really long time since I played NMH1 so I don't remember how annoyed I was with any bosses...but I know I did play through it on normal first, waited and/or played something else, then went through it on the hard difficulty. Going through it once though really cuts a lot of the difficulty down though when you know what to do for everything. I think I had started it a few other times but didn't go all the way through...so yeah I was really into it, which is prolly why I was so pumped and then let down with NMH2 =/

On the other hand though, after playing Odin Sphere I couldn't wait for Muramasa and loved it to death. Do wish it had as many characters as Odin Sphere, but I still liked it a lot.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Rants and NSFW