[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The MOVIE thread.~ =D
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The MOVIE thread.~ =D

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

The MOVIE thread.~ =D

Postby Pie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:37 am

So so, as some of you might know, I've been wanting to see How to Train Your Dragon for a while now. The DVD came out mid October, but since I admit I was a little disappointed about Pixar's Up and Monsters vs Aliens due to having expectations too high, I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to put effort into seeing (or buying one day) How to Train Your Dragon. I don't really have many (if any) sources to ask for their opinions on the movie, so I thought I'd ask anyone here who've seen it. XD
Last edited by Pie on Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: Dragons, movies and such.~ =D

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Omg I loved that movie! I saw it in theators and immediately pre-ordered the blue-ray as soon as it was avail. I have seen seen it like 3 times now. Oh, and the extra lil thing they threw in the dvd is pretty funny.

The movie is really cute though, it looks great, and dragons are always cool. My opinion is: Very yes /no1
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Autolux » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:36 am

Why not just Red Box it?
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Bear » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:03 am

Well, mostly because we are trying to be really frugal right now hehe.

Also, I think Pie is mostly concerned about the movie being touching more than funny. She wasn't even interested in it until she saw a more touching trailer of it, which is what sparked her interest in the first place.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:21 pm

I really really liked it. Like I said I pre-ordered it soon as I was able and I've already seen it like 4 or 5 times. Without giving too much away it has some touching moments, I think it has a really good mix of everything.

This and Scott Pilgrim were my two favorite movies this year, and I saw a lot of them.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Autolux » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 pm

omg off-topic: I LOVED Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. I even played through the XBL arcade game weeeeeeeee!
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Topic derail! =X

I really liked that movie a lot, seeing it in theaters was the most fun I've had watching a movie in a while ^_^;;

I got the SP game off PS3, which I usually get most d/l games on XBL but I couldn't wait for this one and it was on PS3 sooner =X But I actually know...er...knew I guess, the artist that did the art and animation for that game, so it was kinda exciting to see in a game. He does some pretty grotesque stuff...all in that cartoony style, lol. So it was cool to see that the game also has a zombie survival mode to get his love for zombies in there =P

(Unlock Zombie Mode: Down, Up, Right, Down, Up, Right, Down, Up, Right, Right, Right) if you didn't know of it =X
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:35 pm

I love the game and the movie as well /lv

The only issue I have with it is that it is really fun to play with lots of people, but it always freezes on me! /pif
I have tried to see how to fix this, but I have not seen any solutions /sob
At least when Christy and I play the game works just fine, bit it would be cool to play the game with 4 people without it freezing on me...
This is on the Xbox 360 version, Iono if this happens on the PS3 version.
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Pie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:14 pm

LOL total topic "derail." XD

That just means you gotta come over to play it with us Carlos! >D Yes, the Scott Pilgrim movie was awesome! XD Bear and I wanted to see it again after seeing it in the theater. We also want to get the blue-ray when we can! =D I want to get the book box set too one day... one day...

Thank you guys for responding on what you thought of How to Train your Dragon. I really want to see it. XD I think we don't rent movies because... I guess I'm not too much into the idea of going out of my way to RETURN a movie by a deadline. >.> I'm not sure, but I suppose a Red Box rental is a good idea. XD I've never rented from one before, but I'm guessing you probably have to disclose private information to rent from one huh? =x I'm always reluctant at doing things if I have to write personal information due to paranoia. >.<
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:23 pm

My roommate has the books and I've been meaning to start up on them...eventually x.x There are a lot of cool extras and such in the Blu-ray, including an animated short done more in the book's style of how he met Kim.

I'd say How to Train your Dragon is well worth buying, esp since I don't buy a whole lot of movies, but that and Scott Pilgrim I pre-ordered and bought asap. As far as Red Box goes though I've never heard anything bad about it from anyone, though I've never used it myself. Pretty sure you just need to use a credit card, costs $1 per day and when you bring it back it charges you for any extra days you had it.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things