[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Bear » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 am

Okay, so let's kick off a topic shall we - inspired a bit from my WoW guild forums. Post up awesome game music and game remixes you want to share!

I'll kick it off:
Super Mario 64 -

The first time I heard this track I just loved it so much! Mario 64 really was such an impressionable game and this is a great cover of it.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Autolux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 am

Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby RollCasket » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:35 am

My Guilty Gear/Blazblue music thread got no love ;_;

This is maybe cheating a bit, because it's actually a fan game project, but it's original music composed specifically for Megaman X: Corrupted and definitely has that old-school MMX feel to it. There are multiple good tracks but I'll try to just link a few.

Sparkling Scorpio stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PsdAttG ... re=related
Neurohack Mosquito: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_8TQ34i ... re=related
Hurricane Hoatzin stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdoRRKcD ... re=related
Warp Vulpix stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fufY4z5T ... re=related
Unknown Boss music (love this one): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWOhR8_e ... re=related

Nitroflasher's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NitroFlasher
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:23 am

I'm so addicted to this song right now:

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Man, this song is awesome, though maybe not so new to the Internet:

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Soeroah » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:46 pm

I can't help it. Most of my music comes from video games, from Legend of Zelda's overworld to "Want you gone" from Portal 2.

I love Kingdom Hearts' music, especially when a relationship that exists between characters carries into the themes for those characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DDGibV9yU Sad music. Even worse when used during a boss fight.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Bear » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:43 am

Pie found this a couple weeks back and it is absolutely amazing. Okay, so it isn't completely game music as a lot of it is anime, but this person put together one hell of a pump-up soundtrack playlist. Many of my most memorable tracks are on this list and it's nice and long so it really helps keep the blood pumping when we're working on the comic all night. It's tough to find a well put together playlist and I really value finding something like this to help give us fresh/good music to continuously listen to. I actually want to donate to her for doing this when we're able to~

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Some good tracks, some not so good tracks lol. Funny, cause it was mostly anime tracks and many of those were good, but the few game choices were bad choices I'd say. If it's one thing jrpgs do damn well, it's battle music. There are SO MANY to chose from without going wrong =P Golden Sun though I wouldn't put on there and she put THREE of them lol, also, if you're going to put a .hack//G.U. song it damn well better be the =P At least she got a good MGS song there.

I could prolly spend a few days at least putting together an all game battle music playlist, but I'm too busy for that...but maybe at some point I will anyway...still, you gotta have a or so.

As an odd point, there has been a few rpgs on PS3 that I wouldn't say are good games, but did have some cool music. Like for example. This one rocks out a bit more in .

Like I said, there's so damn many to choose from, and I'm not even dipping into the classics =P Oh, as sorta an aside...Mass Destruction from Persona 3 is also awesome, but they took it out of the PSP version wtf >_<
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 pm

I was gonna add these to the last post, but The Black Mages are kinda separate =P You may or may not have heard of them, but basically they cover Final Fantasy Music and I'm always hoping that by some crazy stroke of luck the stars will align and Square does a remake with them doing the music =P

Some of my favs:

RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Ok last one I promise =X Covers just reminded me of another cover artist I liked, Carson Mauthe. You should appreciate this one too Bear as he totally does the Chrono Trigger battle theme =P Oh, also, his accompanying videos are super random lol.

(randomness after about a minute)

Ok, enough overload for now...I needed some pump-up after work last night though =P
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise