[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Ohai.
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Ohai.

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Re: Ohai.

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:22 am

Ya know...I saw that 999 posts and almost posted randomly on one but then was like naaaww...I have enough useless posts as it is lol.

I dunno what the difference between premium and not is but I got it a year or two before it was f2p so I think I'm good...truth be told though if the hat is cool enough...I'll prolly get one...or two...
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby XelaReko » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 am

Howdy th3squirr3l!

Welcome to the family!

I must ask, what is your favorite Fire Emblem character and why?

I really like Rolf from Radiant Dawn, Especially when he has the Double bow so he can attack adjacent squares. It always made me laugh when I would just send just one archer to hold off the advancing horde and him come out on top and unscathed.

The other would probably be Joshua from the second GBA game released in America (can't remember the name). Everything from his easy going personality to his awesome hat just screamed "I'm cool. Deal with it" to me. I also got really lucky with level ups and he had a ridiculous amount of strength which helped his cool factor even more.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby th3squirr3l » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 pm

@Roll: I just got the Pyro's Beanie because... Well, why not? Also, NEEDED to do that 1000th post when I saw it at 999 xD

@Xela: Yeah, Joshua was a bamf... (That game was called Sacred Stones.)
Choosing my favorite is hard, though.... SO hard... For some reason, I've always been partial to mages in those games, not sure why. Blazing Sword (first GBA one) was the first one I played, and I played it so many times, that I think I'm gonna go with Pent as my favorite. But... The games just have so many cool characters... *brain asplodes.*
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby XelaReko » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:40 pm

So, I have just confirmed that th3squirr3l is not a robot. It could evaluate an opinion, fill in missing information, AND it's brain explodes when forced to make a near impossible decision.

All evidence points to th3squirr3l not being a robot and, in fact, actually being a very articulate squirrel that plays very good games.

I rest my case.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby th3squirr3l » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Ah, but this is where you are wrong, dear sir!

I am infact a sentient-robotic-squirrel being. Thing.

... /no1

For the record, I am not a spambot, computer, program, or robot of any kind. Kthxbai.
Though I do build robots, but that's a different story, perhaps for another time.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Well you didn't ask but MY favorite Fire Emblem characters are Lyn and Nephenee though there are a lot of good and awesome characters in all of them. Why Lyn? The animation for her critical strike is super awesome and she always seemed to use it at the right time, and Nephenee is just a beast, and her character is just a simple country girl.

Really looking forward to the 3DS Fire Emblem.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby th3squirr3l » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:44 pm

YESSS, I love Nephenee. She kicked so much ass as a Halberdier.

I liked the GBA games art style in general... The sprites and animations were just awesome. The DS version of Shadow Dragon had awful graphics and animations, in my opinion. I could hardly get through it because of them. I sure hope that the 3DS one either goes with sprites for the battle animations or has full-on 3D battle animations like the console games.

Wait, what did I just say? 3DS Fire Emblem? Was that announced? MUST. GET.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Haha. Hello Squirrel. I see that this has turned into a Fire Emblem discussion post. Unfortunately, I don't play Fire Emblem, though I have a lot of friends who do. Since my only experience with the series is in Super Smash Bros, I'll ask about that. As a fan, how well do you think Nintendo translated the Fire Emblem characters to Smash Bros? Also, which one is your favorite to use? (Please don't say Ike or I will have to kick a puppy.)

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:49 pm

I didn't even play the DS one to be honest...cause I heard it wasn't as good. And Wilbur before that DS game which is a remake btw, Ike had never even been stateside so it was a bit odd they choose him to be in Smash Bros.

But yeah, 3DS Fire Emblem, will also be the first 3DS game to have dlc, I am excited. Also means we might see updates to Mario Kart (to fix that glitch) and hopefully more tracks.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Oh, right, as far as Smash Bros goes all Fire Emblem characters have been overpowered so I don't use them but if I had to choose it'd be Roy. When I played tourneys I played Peach and Samus (Smash Melee) and in Brawl it's usually Meta Knight but I can play competitively with just about anyone. There are like 10 characters I like using so I cycle around a lot...or jus do random.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!