[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Introduction Stage
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Introduction Stage

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Introduction Stage

Postby Alexx » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Hello! I've been reading the comic ever since a cyborg dinosaur spun around on a snowboard while firing lasers and cracking me the heck up. Figured it was about time to make a name here and start kissing butt 'n all that. You know how it is what with liking webcomics. Gotta give credit where credit is due! Plus, this forum might attract many old school gamers such as myself, maybe?

Anyway, what do you do with intro threads? About me 'n such?

Ummm.... 28 year old tall, bespectacled, blond bearded guy workin' at a library and married to a pharmacist that makes all the dough. Both of us had quite a different video game upbringing, until we met back in high school and our worlds were smooshed together, with me introducing her to RPGs and she introducing me to games that were current (because they had apparently become 3D when I wasn't paying attention, and they were ugly as sin). I'm still kinda oldschool when it comes to games, and I probably complain more than I should about the FPS being what you think of when you say "video game" nowadays (dang youngins'.) That, and the fact that what I know as an RPG has suddenly become a JRPG. The times they are a'changin'.

Anyway, facts:

Fave Game: Chrono Trigger, ever since I rented it thinking it was some side-scroller that I would get to when I was done with Final Fantasy 6 (then called 3). I ended up playing Chrono Trigger first 'cause I thought I would save the best for last, then PLAYED IT FOREVER. I did get to 6 eventually, and I love it too (of course) but Chrono Trigger will always be the object I'm married to. ...I figure you can marry a person and an object and leave it at that. The wife hasn't objected to having the SNES cart sleep with us at night, so I think I'm good.

Fave System: Well...SNES. Guess that goes without saying, though I did have a lot of great years with the Playstation.

Fave Game Soundtrack: Chrono Cross. Yeah, Trigger is full of nostalgia, but Cross is full of majesty and perfection. Can't say as much for the game...but OOOHHH the soundtrack...

Fave Things: ROBOTS. Unless I get stuck on a boss in Robotrek and my robots totally fail me and I can't friggin' level up. Then robots can go screw themselves.

Fave Toy: Well, it hasn't come out yet, but it'll be

Currently Playing: Tales of Graces F (with wife), Journey (finished but more to do), replaying Front Mission on the DS for the 3rd or 4th time (new game +), Kirby's Return to Dreamland (with friend), Earthbound (first time not on an emulator; borrowed from a friend; currently trying to get Poo's sword from a gold Starman).

Aaallllright. That looks like more than anyone ought to know. I was going to say which comic was my favorite, but I believe that presented itself in the opening statement. Now, on to foruming!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: Introduction Stage

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Awesome! Welcome to the fray Alexx! You have exquisite tastes, and I'm sure you will fit in just fine here =D

Pie and I also just recently passed Earthbound together. She had missed the game completely so it was a lot of fun getting to share that with her. I can't even imagine trying to get the rare drop weapons, you are a better man than I lol.

I won't say too much now since we are having a Saturday play date today, but thanks for joining make yourself at home ^_^
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Oh also, I should briefly mention that you of course are more than welcome to join us. Find the group in Steam called Life in Aggro. My name on there is deificwolf and Pie is anifei. We also use a vent server that you can hop on just to chat or whatever. Let's see...oh and thanks for the compliments! I forgot to say that in the other post XD

vent server:
sun.pure-voice.net
port 3222
pass: dr4gon
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Today we will be playing dungeon defenders and possibly league of legends. But dungeon defenders first. I'll come back and add merge my posts, sorry for the sloppiness. Well, back to game! XD
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Welcome! Always nice to have more rpg gamers on here. I think just about everyone on here loves Chrono Trigger, it's also my all time favorite with no chance of it being dethroned. I've said this multiple other times but I have the original SNES, Super Famicon, PS remake, DS remake (best one) and even have it on iPhone just cause. I've played through it all the way and part ways more than I can count and every year I usually play it at some point.

Since it relates to my obsession, CT Battle theme cover!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TBA-GsQ ... ata_player

Also, if you have a Wii you HAVE to get Xenosaga, you're welcome
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby TracerBullet » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Hey fellow newbie, welcome to the forums and such.
TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi and welcome Alexx!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Good day there sir and welcome to the forums :3
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby chrisb » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:42 am

How dare you hate on Chrono Cross! EVERYTHING about that game is a masterpiece, not just the soundtrack.

In all seriousness welcome to the club! I'm new myself and already really like this place.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!