[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Music
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Music

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Music

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:03 pm

::sigh::

Just had a nice long winded explanation of my various musical interests, and then closed the window instead of switching back when I was going to grab a link. To reiterate, much more quickly, I love most genres, but am picky about individual bands and songs.

My favorite band is Disturbed, though I wasn't as warm on the latest album. For favorite classic rock artists I'd have to go with The Who, Jimmy Hendrix, and The Doors. Though I grew up on classic rock so that would be a huge list. Also enjoy Metal. Metallica was another sound I grew up with, and I guess I eventually spread out to other bands. My electronic music experience is limited. I live in the Detroit area and every year in May we have a three day long Electronic Music Festival; I really ought to check it out at some point. For rap I tend to go back to the 80s and 90s. I just prefer the lyrical styles of back then to now. Modern stuff has too much repetition for my taste.

A huge video game music fan, but I won't go in depth on that here. I will, however, note the Ar Tonelico series, specifically, it's Hymnos songs. They are special songs in the games. Their stylings are based off of Bulgarian Chorus, but have quickly moved on from there. One of my now absolute favorite singers, Noriko Mitose, does a few of these songs. I love her voice, and I just love this music in general.

Finally, if you're a fan of Metallica and Acapella (yes, I said that), then you'll want to see this. Interesting band.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Farore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Music you say? I love music!

I tend to lean more towards rock as a favorite genre, but I'll do listen to a pretty big variety. My parents listened to a lot of rock/80's stuff when I was growing up, AC/DC, Metallica, Ozzy, Bon Jovi, etc. For some inexplicable reason very angry music makes me feel bubbly and happy. Again I listen to a huge variety depending on what sounds good at that moment. While it would be impossible for me to make a list of all the bands I enjoy I'll just throw some out here that I've been listening to more recently:

-Bullet for my Valentine
-In Flames
-Hollywood Undead
-Five Finger Death Punch
-Sixx AM
-New Medicine
-Apocalyptica

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head. I have a ton of CD's in my car that I make my way through periodically.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 pm

This thread needs more Paramore. And Foo Fighters. And No Doubt.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 pm

My face slowely dropped reading through this, then i got to adol's post with his love for disturbed and all was right again, we had gathered the crystals and saved the world. xD

well according to spotify my top 5 artists are:
Incubus
Deftones
A Perfect circle
Queens of the stone age
Finch

but that fluctuates randomly from month to month. Incubus and deftones are pretty much always in my top five, the others switch from Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot, B4MV, Trivium, Nick Drake, Iron & Wine, Boy hits car, Placebo (no longer on spotify, luckily i have the entire back catalogue) chase & status, drumsound & bassline smith, DJ fresh, Subfocus, dj hype, TC, Dillinja, high contrast.

i could carry on but i think you get an idea of the variety i listen to. i've found its mostly their older stuff i listen to, maybe im jUst reminiscing... we fear change.. -Takes out a hammer-

each to their own though, eh?
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby th3squirr3l » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:19 pm

^Iron & Wine and the Queens of the Stone Age <3 Both such awesome bands :D
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Glad I could be of service Tony. I tend to be picky about music. I like many genres, but a singer can really ruin a band for me. They don't have to be bad, per se, just... sometimes I'm just not feeling their style, or their voice, or something I can't describe but know I don't like. With Disturbed it is just the opposite. Their singer is great. I also love how they evolve as a band. Too many bands come out with a great album, and then repeat. Disturbed started out with sheer grit, experimented with something smoother with the second CD, combined the two for their third, and then concentrated on a more melodious sound for the fourth. The latest CD... I don't know. It feels a little too political for me, and though that's never a usually too much of a problem. I don't know. Maybe its because with the first four I liked damn near every song on the disc, and with this one there's only about three I really get into. Oh well, I'll just eagerly await the next offering.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm tempted to put this in the video game music thread, but since the subject also sings for anime and for her own indipendant music, it's more appropriate for me to post this here.

First, listen to . That is Noriko Mitose, and if you've seen my in then you know I'm a big fan. But that's putting it mildly, because otherwise I wouldn't feel the need to keep posting about her music. First off, the song in the first link I don't know anything about other than that I cannot stop listening to it lately. It hits me with a nice emotional wave, and I usually have to lay my head on my desk when listinening to it. I just love her voice. I mentioned in an above post that singers can make or break a song for me, and she is the best singer I've ever heard. So, I wish to share with others. Here is a on You Tube of a bunch of her music. If you've played Chrono Cross then you'll recognize Radical Dreamers on her list of songs. There's even a live recording. Anyway, I greatly enjoy this woman's singing, so maybe some of you will as well.

Also try and . They are both just as exceptional.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Absolutely amazing.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:56 am

I feel like the odd one out here, being as though I've never even heard of 90% of the above. I do get the chance to browse through now :)

The genres that I listen to are J-Pop, Alternate Rock, and Soundtracks.
My favorite artists/composers/bands would be Day after Tomorrow, Jeff Williams of RoosterTeeth, Shikata Akiko (As Adol mentioned above), Evanescence, and a little of the Beatles.

Songs that I consider favorites;
-Starry Heavens, by Day After Tomorrow
-Red Like Roses, by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams
-Akiko Shikata - Ta ga Tame no Sekai, by Akiko Shikata,
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Previous

Return to Other Shiny Things