[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - League of Legends
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

League of Legends

Everything related to games~

League of Legends

Postby RollCasket » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:00 am

I'm not sure who else on here plays this if any, but I had to share this new Annie skin because it's amazingly awesome and adorable. Annie is one of the mage-type characters, is a pyro, and has a giant flaming bear companion =D

Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: League of Legends

Postby ThePaul » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Since people play this now, I shall use my Necronomicon la Biblioteca.

So, what exactly are everyone's favorite champs, and what role(s) are you best at playing?
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Farore » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:24 pm

I pretty much only play Akali. I usually go top lane and hope that someone far better than me is there too. I like to think I'm okay at ambushing, but I usually try to farm as many minions as possible without dieing.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 pm

I play whatever is needed and though I do jump around on multiple characters my favs are:

DPS - Kennen
Support - Sona
Tank - Amumu
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 am

Cool stuff. I'm mostly a ranged Ad or Ap player, but I can play Support (although with the resent nerfs to Sona maybe not so much; haven't tried any others). I'm not to good at jungle or tank or really any non-ranged characters.

Casseopia has been my go to Champ whenever I come back to playing after a long while (like would be now if we all play together). Tristana is also fun :)
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby th3squirr3l » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Ok... I just played my first game, a tutorial level against bots infact, and I'd just like to say: I have no clue what the hell I'm doing /hmm

I mean, I get the general idea of it, it just seems that there's a lot going on that one could be totally unaware of if never taught. So I'm gonna look up some tutorials, and then on Saturday some of you fine folks are going to teach me the ropes... If you have the time and patience xD

Seems like good fun so far, though. I just hope I can overcome the learning curve on this one.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby ThePaul » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Well, if you wanna' play before this weekend, just too learn a bit, here's some tips just off the top of my head.

Try and play Player Vs. CPU games on Classic in Beginner mode. You might want to tell everyone to go easy on you, because you are "Teh Noob"

There's a little goblin dood that sells items near the spawn point (or you can click on the icon that looks like it'd be a shop at the bottom). At this point, you should just buy the stuff at the top that says recommended in the order it is listed. Also, the first one is mostly just a throw away item that is only useful for early game, so once you feel confident you don't need those boosts, sell it to get some gold for something better. Also, items can be "upgraded" from other items, so if you see a little tree thing, buy the cheaper stuff when you only have that much gold. You'll end up paying the same amount of gold whether you buy the bigger item or the individual items.

In Summor's Rift, people usually divide up with 2 people on the outer lane and one person in the middle. Someone might instead go out into the area in between, and hunt the monsters that live out there, but there will usually be at least one person in each lane, and the bots will always go 2-1-2. At this point, just see where everyone else is going, and go where there is the extra spot.

Anyway, your main goal early on is to push back the waves of minions so that you can kill the enemy towers. This tower will destroy you if you let them hit you, so always have a swarm of your own minions around you. Also, if you attack an enemy champion while in tower range (enemy champ can be anywhere), that tower will start attacking you. So, don't go attacking enemy champions while near a tower unless you know for sure you'll get the kill.

Another important skill that you should try to learn is Last Hitting. You get experience when enemy minions die near you, but you only get gold if you strike the killing blow. So, try to make sure either you or your partner in the lane are getting that last hit on the minions.

Also, never run into the enemy spawn point. Your face will melt like in Raiders.

p.s. Spin to win /no1
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 am

Don't worry about it Squirrel, when Pie and I were playing our first games we were bungling things up pretty badly. We can go over the basics on vent to easy the pain =)

Also, as you level up, make sure to invest in skills to keep getting more powerful. You can right-click on the minimap to give your character an auto-run to location and I find that helps me more accurately figure out what each move does at the start of a battle, since it just throws you in there with very little hand holding.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 am

Ah, totally stole this from Nesta's blog dealy thing. Roll was trying to tell me about it but was laughing so violently I had to go look for myself. Oh Shen, you are a human being, sir.

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby th3squirr3l » Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Ahahahah, that's brilliant :D

That man deserves a medal.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise