So, the current version of the Grand Master of Plans to End All Plans is as follows:The First Day-110 Hours Remain
The Second Day-86 Hours Remain
- Get fresh, delicious New York bagels
- Picnic in Central Park
- Vanquish the Museum of Natural History
- Random Encounters (*)
- Lounge with girlfriend at base camp
The Third Day-62 Hours Remain
- Get breakfast and nom it (†)
- Begin conquering museums starting with the Met
- Break for lunch at a Hole-in-the-wall style shop (‡)
- Continue crusade against museums
- Grab some pizza on the way back to base.
The Fourth Day-38 Hours Remain
- Explore Grand Central Station
- Expand my culinary knowledge with new cuisine experiences
- Relax in the Highline Gardens (§)
- Watch the sunset(¶)
The Final Day-14 Hours Remain
- Quick breakfast and the head out for a busy day
- Witness the beautiful old bridges and put some of them under my feet
- Brave Time Square and best all the Random Encounters we come across
- Seek advice at The Complete Strategist
- Commandeer the Staten Island Ferry and see the Statue of Liberty (**)
- Pack up
- Take a heavy dose of self-prescribed relaxing
- Feast at a fancy restaurant with my girl
- More relaxing and lounging
- Tearful goodbyes and begin the long trip homeward
So ends the Grand Master of Plans to End All Plans.
I think my girlfriend has a camera so we will be documenting our invasion of the Big Apple. I am also thinking of making a travel challenges sheet for this trip if anyone is interested. I have never actually participated in a travel challenge other than organizing it, but I think it could be fun. Give your input with a simple "yay", "nay", or "wat?" if you care.Footnotes:* - Means free time for wandering, exploring, or doing whatever we wish
† - Maybe bagels again if my stomach so chooses...
‡ - Probably Japanese, Chinese, or other Asian cuisine as those seem both tasty and numerous
§ - A garden made in an old elevated freight train railway
¶ - Tradition. I do this everywhere I go. Forces me to sit back and just admire the beauty.
** - Only activity that will cost money to do. Hooray for vacations on the cheap!