[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - PlayStation 4
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

PlayStation 4

Everything related to games~

PlayStation 4

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm

So! PS4, huh? Whatcha all think?

I personally am really looking forward to , developed by Jonathan Blow, maker of Braid.

Regardless of where you might sit on the controller and what exactly Sony plans to do with the thing, should be required viewing (watch your ears about 3 minutes in).

Finally, courtesy of :

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: PlayStation 4

Postby RollCasket » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:51 pm

It was weird, the show in general I've had a bit of backlash with...when I was watching it I was pretty hyped up, but then later on I've gotten...not so positive on it.

I'll start by saying there's a TON of potential and a lot of promises. I think I'm most into the connectivity stuff, instant access to stuff as soon as you hit the download button, streaming to the Vita, trying games before you buy them, streaming PS3 games...all of this stuff sounds great. Unfortunately they've already said much of this won't be available at launch, and who knows when or even if they'll be able to incorporate all of it. If you remember there were a lot of promises with the PS3 they didn't exactly deliver on, and a lot of those early games they showed when they actually came out (and not all did) they didn't look near as good as those early showings. I like my PS3 just fine, but after the initial showing of those games and tech demos, I'm remembering they may not end up as good as advertised. The problem isn't even in the hardware, cause I'm sure all of us saw the specs, it's a beast, but creating a full game that maximizes that potential would be incredibly expensive so if something like that comes I think it'd have to be from Sony themselves to show off the system.

As far as the games themselves, Watchdogs continues to look great, but I was already sold on that game and is multiplatform, as is Destiny which after FINALLY showing a bit more of the game also looks pretty promising, though I guess the PS4 version will have some exclusive content of some sort. I know most Sony fans probably care, but I could care less about Killzone or inFamous, but Knack could be fun if it's how I'm imagining it to be. Oh, and Drive Club, looks good, though I don't like racing games. Square Enix I honestly have no idea why they were there to show the tech demo they showed at E3 and say "oh there's going to be a Final Fantasy" which anyone could've told you. Finally we have Capcom's "deep down" which looked pretty damn cool so I'm keeping an eye on that one.

So...I dunno, I'm kinda mixed and overall not sold yet. Certainly not from what they showed but I'm hoping for E3 that they win me over then. If you look at reportedly working with Sony, there's certainly a lot of potential there. The Nesta actually had pointed it out to me, but tri-Ace is on there and that could mean a new Valkyrie Profile. Eager to see what happens this E3.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:34 am

The guy who presented Infamous was pretty intense. Props for him. Though, that new protagonist is no Cole MacGrath... I may have to overreact like those Devil May Cry fans... :P

Watch Dogs looks amazing, do want.

I'm not so sure about Jonathan Blow's game. All I got out of that trailer was "squiggly lines on an island." Could be good, but promoting something purely on being "artsy" without explaining... anything else at all isn't really how it's done...

Squeenix... well... if they turned that tech demo into a game, then...

Also, who knew Chris Metzen was that good looking? >.>
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 am

I'm looking forward to a new Infamous game, even if we're stuck with a new protagonist. I've heard that that won't actually be a launch tittle, though, so we'll see. Depending on when it comes out and the actual launch title list, I'll probably pick it up early, as I've never been able to do that with any home console before, but we'll see where I am in the future.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Soeroah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Disappointed at the continued lack of backwards compatibility. I'd likely wind up getting it because of all the sequels and stuff but I'm not excited for it like I was for the Wii U.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Alexx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 am

*sigh* I think I've reached my limit when it comes to being excited for new consoles. Each new console gets farther and father away from "put in game - play game" and I find myself shuffling through all the mess of new features to find out what I can play and how. I can feel myself regressing - hell I KNOW it, 'cause I bought that NES 2 recently and I find myself playing old games more and more. Granted, that's not really a healthy way to look at it, though it's not like I'm saying "NYAH, only old games are good!" 'cause that's not true. Plenty of new games I've liked, and the PS2 is much my baby as my SNES is. Seems like the PS3 was my limit though. I tried out the new stuff, and the PS3 seems to be what I'm using, and I just do not have any desire for more than what it's providing right now. Barely any of those features sound interesting to me, and "hey look, the graphics are better!" stopped being interesting a long time ago.
Last edited by Alexx on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Well I should mention Alexx, one of the things it does is if you turn off the console while playing, next time you turn it on it starts back up right there. All of the RAM and such is also used to cut load times as much as possible to get you into the game right away. It may not be the same, but I think it's a decent solution for the new age of hubs and stores and other bloat. Graphics are nice and all, but I always saw it as the icing on the cake, the unfortunate thing for developers though is that the higher the bar is raised the higher the development cost.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby thatonesniperguy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Is it backward compatible? If not, I'm not interested. Sure, there will probably be cool new games for it, but if I keep buying every new console they come up with, soon I won't have enough room to store them all. And they're not exactly cheap, either...

As soon as I can have a backward-compatible PlayStation console, I'm going on a shopping spree for every game I missed. Until then, I'll be content with my PS3 and Bionic Commando.

(Yes, I actually liked Bionic Commando. Sure, the story was weird and twisted, but you can't beat swinging around, shooting stuff and smashing robots...)
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 pm

That's one of the for sure things sadly that it is NOT backwards compatible because the hardware is too different. They'd have to basically put a PS3 inside to make it work which is just not feasible. They ARE however going to have a game streaming service that makes it so you are able to stream older games. No idea on any details as far as that's concerned but my guess is it's going to be a Playstation Plus perk, or they might have some kind of rental/cheap buy options.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 am

I can relate Alexx; I'm very weary of getting too regressive with my gaming habits. I don't ever want to feel like I'm too old or that "everything was better back in the day". I've always hated that attitude in adults and think it's incredibly short sighted. But yeah, there are a lot of games that over complicate and kill some of the simple joys and I think that is why I've been having a bigger and bigger appetite for indie games, as they tend to deliver in those ways while still delivering fresh experiences.

As for the PS4, like every system before it, it's going to have to sell me on the purchase and I just don't see that happening. Sony and Microsoft are terrible at getting great lineups, especially exclusives, that utilize their tech and I'm becoming less and less interested in the AAA blockbusters. I feel like I'm becoming like some sort of art film snob for video games lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise