[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Pokemon X & Y
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Pokemon X & Y

Everything related to games~

Pokemon X & Y

Postby Eccs » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Since there isn't a topic on it already and Tehwilburforce already brought it up in the Awesome Music Thread. Pokemon X and Y was release the past weekend and I'm sure lots of us went and snapped up a copy of either X/Y or possibly both.

Please share your experiences and what things you like/dislike about the newests installment of Pokemon.

Anyone who wants to can leave their friend code here mine is listed below for anyone who wants to add.

1676-4719-0943

Been playing through Y with Chespin and Charmander as my starter types. Unfortunately I have been going at a very slow rate exploring each and every corner of each city and route I pass through. Pokemon X/Y has been a great experience so far and a lot more exciting than the last installment of pokemon.

I only just beat the second gym 12 hrs into the game >_< but I have a pretty filled pokedex atm since I am trying to catch each and every pokemon my pokedex registered. If anyone is further than me, can someone tell me when Fly/Strength HM become available? As I don't really like back tracking all the way from route 11 back to route 7 to look after my berries @_@. Oh and Charmander/Charmelon is broken, learning dragon rage at level 2x? It seems pretty ridiculous to me, but not sure if it is just me, however it does help in catching Pokemon so its been useful.
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Re: Pokemon X & Y

Postby RollCasket » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm playing Y and Farore is playing X though she just started.

My Friend Code: 283600948855
Farore: 519827386521

I'm at...a bit after the 7th Gym (cause there's a buncha stuff that happens around then) though only 2 pokemon in my party are sure keepers (Greninja and Glaceon), 1 maybe (Blaziken), and 2 of the ones I want I don't have yet (Dragalge and Charizard cause I need it from Farore). Still, really love all the changes and how it looks cause I was a bit burnt out with...well, the last few pokemon games in general. I started off catching most everything but as I got further and further that happened less and less =P I can always go back and get whatever I want easily enough.

I'm not possitive but I want to say Fly was around the 4th Gym? I couldn't wait to get it either lol. Still, they REALLY need to change the whole HM system, having to bring specific pokemon to gimp your party with cause of them is crappy. Golduck helps as you can load him with like 4 different ones...but not fly of course =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah the new look is a lot fresher and makes it easier to play the game, I was kinda half bored in black/white since it was fairly similar to the past versions in terms of look and everything.

One of my favorite things with the new version is getting bonus items from the background of a battle. I haven't figured out how to get all the things yet, but I know you can get berries off the trees, but I have also seen boulders and piles of sand. Still figuring out how to affect those two. (Air Cutter knocks berries off trees in the background)

Finding some of the Pokemon is pretty hard too since the pokedex does give you clues how to find them but some are really obscure like for Venipede. I actually found that one accidentally when I was back tracking to pick up a couple of Pokemon I missed.

Just beat the 4th gym this morning and got fly so now I can tend my berry patch easier :D. my HM Pokemon is the Panda atm, fly is on my Charizard cause why not his got wings. You can get Skrelp which turns into Dragalge in Y as well, just fish off the beach somewhere on the south western coast area. I found it when I was getting Horsea for pokedex completion you will have to use the good rod to hook him. I think I might need the super rod to pull Relicanth though since its in the same area, but I havent been able to find it so far.
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:02 am

Pretty much for any Pokemon game I've played I load up http://www.serebii.net/xy/ for answers. Within that main page has links to get you to whatever you need like the X/Y new pokemon http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

In any case, I literally haven't done fishing once, I figured I'd go back when I got the super rod but I still haven't gotten it (prolly missed it) so I'll prolly go back to grab the Skrelp (Poison/Dragon nullifies dragon's new fairy weakness) though I also kinda wanna just finish the end stuff here, get the last badge and the Elite Four to do stuff I missed while jumping into the post game stuff. I also wanted one of those Pandas but didn't see it while passing through so I'll have to go back for that too =P

Didn't know you could hit background stuff in battles though, that's interesting o.O
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:31 pm

A secondhand account of a new Pokemon game, bought by my wife:

- Pokemon X/Y comes out. I was under the assumption that my wife would get it, but not play it yet. She has a thing about playing things in order, and she never finished Black/White and never started Black/White 2. So imagine my surprise when she said she wanted to skip those and start the new one! I was about to shoot the robot imposter, but she assured me she was real and that the new one had enough changes to make it a bit more interesting to check out right away.

- She buys X. Our nephew and my friend Simon are buying Y, so I guess that takes care of whatever you get from someone else having the other one. There is no guide out at the stores around us yet (as of yesterday).

- Starter troubles! I've helped her pick a starter before, but she was a bit more torn with these, as they all had VERY different end results from thier originals. On top of that, she hadn't done her usual research before the game came out, so she didn't have any pre-thought out ideas on who she liked best. We decided on the Chespin, because it's green "hoodie" eventually grows into armor and that's hilarious.

- NAMES. Started with the Chespin, who she wanted to name Spike. Apparently Spike is too close to "spik", the enthnic slur, so you couldn't use it. Ended up naming it "Hoodie" because of the green part of it's back and head. Next came the trickle of new Pokemon as she caught them, and naming them in turn! She's okay when she has a theme, but just thinking them up on the fly - she usually asks me (her last theme was naming them all after drugs, since she's a pharmacist).

- BLINDNESS. She's apparently running blind at the moment, without a guide. She uses them frequently to look up Pokemon and see what they turn into and how useful they are...all that. I don't know the full story; I've never actually played these myself. She can look it up online, but it's a bit more of a hassle having to be at the computer or someplace with wifi all the time so she can look things up.

So she's sort of waiting for a guide, but the computer is still doing the same work at the moment. On top of that, Animal Crossing is still being played regularly, so it's hard to juggle at the moment. She's stated that the Animal Crossing boards have sort of seized up since Pokemon came out, but her interest in Animal Crossing hasn't wained. I'm sure things will kick into higher gear once our nephew starts his endless stream of Pokemon talk (never once remembering that I don't know half of what he's talking about, and that she should be talking to his aunt) and then my friend Simon will begin and play much like my wife does: with planning and precision.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Defeated the Elite Four last night, now I just need to upgrade my mega ring so that I can get my mega alakazam. Beat them with a charizard, lucario, lapras, tyrantrum, talonflame and a xerneas for good measure. Love all the little details they put into the game and it's great beaing able to finally see all the pokemon in 3D, although when I first encountered a stunfisk I said "what the hell is that thing?"

Oh and here is my friend code: 3625-9000-5777

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Eccs » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Wow you guys are really powering ahead /sob. Serves me right and my obsession to fill up that freaking pokedex. Only just cleared the 6th gym last night, it was a bit of a one sided fight on my part since I have ridiculously high level Pokemon for the areas I am in.

Steel/fairy is looking like another good type to me at the moment as well since they nullify the fairy weakness and can possibly kill some of the stuff that is strong against them.

Has anyone been using those mini-game things much at the moment? I have only done the stuff where you feed your Pokemon and play games with them, anyone tried the other two "Super training" and the other one.

In regards to using a guide I will probably go back and look at the Pokemon sites sometime later. The gameshop actually offered to preorder a copy of the guide book since they reduced the price of the game on the release day (I paid for the game in full when I preordered), but yeah I figured I can find anything online.
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:48 am

Super Training is the new alternative to EV training and yeah, I'd recommend it for any pokemon you intend on using. It's basically the best and easiest way to max out the stats you wanted. Before the only way to do it was like say you wanted to boost speed you'd grind Rattatas all day (not really but just an example). Alternatively the stat boosters like Protein do the same, though by the time you get them you've already "wasted" a lot of EV training. Even better, with the Reset bag in this game you can get rid of those wasted EV points and focus on the stat(s) you want.

Of course, all of this is really only if you care about battling other people as none of it is remotely needed for anything else. If you're like me and just like grinding out/making your favorites as powerful as possible, then it does help.

Edit: oh yeah, and since you asked about "the other thing", Wonder Trade is addicting, and O-Powers are useful and broken.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 am

Pie and I picked up Y last Sunday and we had some time to play through a bit here and there through the week. I'm really amazed at how fast so many people seem to power through the game! Our friend code is 2595-0411-6602 if anyone is interested, but don't expect much as far as battles go because we tend to go through games a lot slower than...like...everyone XD

At any rate, we started off with Froakie and we just picked up Bulbasaur from Professor Sycamore. I've mostly just been concentrating on getting whatever Pokemon we have to level 10 to get an idea of how each play and figuring out what sort of team I want. Virtually every time I went into the grass, new Pokemon would show up, so I would capture them and level them to 10 also which made me spend about 11 hours just plodding around outside of Luminose city.

It's really interesting playing Pokemon again, considering both Pie and I haven't touched the series since Red/Blue. Yeah... since OG Pokemon... We wanted to pick up Black and White when it came out, but never got around to it. It's nice having such a long break from it because everything is new to us XD I keep thinking back to how much we enjoyed WoWemon and wishing there were certain things displayed (such as status effect lasting time or intensity). It would also be nice to pull up an in-game type-chart~

I recently became aware of the Nuzlocke runs too, which sound really neat. I wish we could backup our data on the SD card so I could try it out later without losing my current progress. It would be really nice too if Pie and I could have separate files, but I guess that's why people just buy more than one copy of the game.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:32 am

Omigod. I totally forgot that you guys might have it!!!

Code is 0387-9295-9812. Hope to see you guys online soon!

Gotta get to bed. Post about the game later!!!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise