[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Samurai Flamenco
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Samurai Flamenco

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Samurai Flamenco

Postby ThePaul » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Hey you! Yes, you! Sitting right there! Why are you sitting here reading this, when you should be watching Samurai Flamenco? And if you've already watched up to the current episode, why are you not re-watching everything up til this point? Seriously. This anime is awesome, go watch it. Don't be fooled by the sort of homoerotic start to the show (or do, if you're into making that sort of subtext the main reason you watch a show), because even if that was the shows focus, it'd still be amazing. Once you've done that, I'll leave you alone.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Re: Samurai Flamenco

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I've been watching it, though I have to say I'm a bit...meh about where the show is going now (ep 7). I won't spoil stuff for anyone, but I liked it before it took this...different turn =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:13 am

I was expecting this sort of turn the whole time. I approve and trust that only good will follow.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Pie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks Paul for referring us to this anime! =D We started watching it soon after you first posted this topic. It was interesting and funny enough in the beginning to make us watch the first hand-full of episodes in just a couple of days. Episode 7 was a big surprise for Bear and me and we weren't so sure how we felt about it, but it was still good enough for us to want to continue watching. We've been watching episodes as the fansubs come out and are all caught up.

This series is so full of surprises, I honestly don't know what to expect. I was at the edge of my seat all episode 10! lol I'm thoroughly enjoying it. =D Thanks again Paul! =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby ThePaul » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:32 pm

No problem, I just had to let people know about this one /no1
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Yea, at first I was thinking...wow, is this guy for real? He's really going after people for not putting trash out on time?! He's got a real stick up his butt! XD

I generally don't warm up to characters with such binary views, but then after a couple eps I started to feel attached to Hazama; gotta admire his conviction. I thought the series did a real good job of portraying his humanity and I was digging it.

I was...surprised by ep 7, but not so much since there is a little foreshadowing in this thread lol I was sorta hoping that he would be confronted with rules or laws that are determined by society to be illegal, but are really grey matters as to their morality. The fact that they stay away from it keeps it lighthearted, so I'm not too dissappointed by that - just something I thought would be interesting for Hazama to wrestle with.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Other Shiny Things